Weird Carrying Global Status

So I have a tower selection system, but for some reason after you complete a level it bugs. The bug causes the selection to skip every other slot, even worse, for every level you beat this stacks skipping two, three etc.
I know it’s a lot but I suggest beating 1-1 and going to 1-2 and seeing if there’s any fix. All the code is in the Tower Choice controller, and the operators for each tower. (All in UI)

1 Like

I’m on mobile so helping is a struggle, and I haven’t tested anything. BUT, from my understanding it looks like the code is adding because your globals will run as long as a value is set to the global SOME TIME in the game. Globals aren’t “active” until a value comes upon them, or you get them at the beginning of your game. What’s happening is that your global is activating, and then just adding right away infinitely, then the next level and the next global- so on. You could use filters or switches, depending on what you want to do.

Again, can’t give much help as I’m on mobile and I’m very sorry for that. I hope this helped in some way, shape, or form. Good luck on your game, I played it yesterday on my computer and thought it was a good start to something awesome. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Thanks a ton, I’m not sure exactly how to do it, but I’ll try and work on something.

1 Like

Ok so I tried to make work arounds but nothing I did worked, could you try and see what filter/ switches work and then post a screenshot? it would be incredibly helpful.

1 Like