What Do People Expect For A Game?

Hello guys! This forum is what I call the place where people can share their ideas with me or where I ask questions (like I am now) this might change in the future, but for now I am thinking about making a game and I need advice for how the game could look like and maybe some suggestions!

3 Likes
If you want to play a flowlab game would the graphics be using more pixels for art and everything or less?
  • More Pixels
  • Less Pixels
0 voters
2 Likes

Less pixels can look more polished, while with more pixels, a lot can go wrong.

6 Likes

When you say less how much less is the good spot where the game looks polished while also looking good and impressive?

3 Likes

Gods of 5 style. I mean it’s my personal opinion, but with pixel art, I prefer pixel size 2. I feel like many pixel art games also revolve around size 2 too.

3 Likes

What would be the canvas size? (Pixilart site would be where I would be drawing them)

2 Likes

I think that depends on the thing you are making, for example, the game I am making, birds with bombs, has a 2x2 canvas even though I only use just above half of the total space. On another game I am planning, the characters are quite tall, so I will use a suitable canvass size. Though for most objects, I generally only use a 1x1. I start with Pixelart and see where I go from there.

3 Likes

I mean for the width and height

For 1x1 size 2, do a 16x16 and then multiply it by 2. If you need more, resize until you find one that is just right.

1 Like

Alright, thank you for the help!
If I have any more questions, I will put it over here for people to answer!

2 Likes

Most of the time, simple is best, since there’s less to go wrong, but if you want your game to go viral, you need to give it better graphics.

2 Likes

Yes but simple games can be nice too, like gof and stone cold steel.

4 Likes
  1. Increased pixel size does not equal better graphics.
  2. There’s really no such thing as a flowlab game going viral since the community is so tight knit.
6 Likes

I know, but it can.

So you say. It’s just a matter of time.

3 Likes