Where Have I Been All This Time? (+ some additional news)

So I have been heavily inactive throughout the entirety of the forums and have rarely commented on any discussions. My weekly devlogs on Pixel Sports have halted, and my last update on Dark Ninja’s progress was posted two weeks ago. So you may be wondering, what is going on?

While I prefer not to give away every little detail on why I am away from Flowlab, all that I will say is that I have been so busy with schoolwork and reconnecting with friends that I have little free time in general. Consequently, this means that I cannot use Flowlab often.
But that doesn’t mean I am always away from the forums. I tend to snoop around, reading other posts, liking many posts, etc. I just don’t reply or speak often.

Now I want to talk about some changes, minor and major, that are going on with my games, including upcoming projects:

• Pixel Sports - Pixel Sports will continue development, though I am going to be honest, it will be very slow. As such, the next Beta update will not arrive as quickly as I previously said it would. I apologize for disappointing anyone who hears this news.
  • Porky’s Nightmare - This decision was difficult for me to make, but I have decided that, until further notice, development for this game will halt completely. I am quite disappointed with how the game turned out, and for now it is going in the trash. The game will continue to be playable, however things such as bug fixes will be considered low priority. @theglitch055 is allowed to continue making the Porky’s Nightmare Remake, but the official “canon” for the game’s story will not continue.
  • Stealthy Ninja - In a planned update, players will be required to log in with their Flowlab account in order to play the game. I know, this will restrict access from some players, but this is because I will use Stealthy Ninja to experiment with Monster Maze’s chat functions and player usernames. This model will be replicated across other multiplayer games I make, but you will still be able to use my singleplayer games freely without logging in. Those will always be free for everyone to play.
  • Monster Maze (upcoming project) - Currently, my account description puts the release date to be 2021, and that continues to be the goal. However, when the game is initially released, it will lack most features, such as chat and customization options, that I promised to bring to the game. These features will be added as the game progresses, so don’t worry too much. And, as with Stealthy Ninja, a Flowlab account is necessary to play. Although unlike Stealthy Ninja, you can still play the game as a guest; you just won’t have access to the chat or customization.
  • Dark Ninja (upcoming project) - My main focus on game development is currently on this game, and it will stay that way until launch. I am considering opening a demo for people to play towards the Summer, but due to my messy schedule, take that statement with a grain of salt. Demos will always be free, but will close after about a week or so. Once they’re open, I will start asking people to review the game’s demo, and those people will be given a short “grace period” in which they can continue playing the game until they post the game’s review. The final product will be sold for $10 on itch.io and maybe GameJolt, but won’t appear on Flowlab as a free game. For now, expect occasional updates on development, most of them being images taken from the game’s many, many, many cutscenes.
    Once the final game is launched, I plan on introducing a free update that adds a second storyline to the game, though I won’t go in depth into this storyline until the game is actually released.

There is a possibility that I will make Discord servers, one for each of my games, but only available to a few users that I trust (for example, @ManiacPumpkin and @Ramshacklegamestudios would be the first members). In fact, I may open a Pixel Sports Discord Server soon, with its starting members being close friends. Then, I will start adding trusted Flowlab members. However, don’t expect me to start accepting friend requests from you, because I only accept friend requests if they come from people who I know from real life.
I don’t plan on making the Discord server public for everyone because, as my friends warned me, people on Discord tend to be… well, odd. And some are just bad people. So, the servers would only be open for people who I know are not gonna post viruses or adult content on the server. The servers would also have strict rules on behavior. Break any one of them, and you may be removed, depending on the severity of the offense and my temperament.

As for my review topic, I am sorry for not posting any reviews. I offer the same excuse as to why I am rarely on the forums, and I will do my best to get back to my review topic. I am already halfway done with the next review, so some progress has already been made.

Thank you for taking your time to read this post. I am excited to get back on track with game development.

6 Likes

I knew you were still around because you were still liking my comments lol

1 Like

Oh, I just realized you changed your profile pic, this is the first time I’ve actually see it, neat :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yup. The last one I just put as a minor teaser for Dark Ninja. Now I’ve reverted back to my original profile picture.

1 Like

1 Like

Nooo I was too late XD

1 Like

I was speeding through my gallery at the speed of light

You have friends?
Epic
I wish I did

1 Like

You just made it sound sad all of a sudden…

Yeah, I have plenty of friends, though I haven’t added all of them to Discord because of social distancing and all that jazz. So the Discord servers are gonna have like 3 members for now…

2 Likes

That’s what I meant lol

1 Like

I have schoolwork though!
I’m halfway there lol

*desprately tries to remember my Discord password *

1 Like

Aha! I finally got in!

2 Likes