Who wants a free year of Indie? (LevelUP Jam)

ohhh…ummm…weeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,…

Log out, click sign in, put in a different email I think, username, password, etc, click sign in, boom new account

1 Like

Could I participate? I don’t need indie, I don’t even want a prize- I just need motivation to make a game- and game jams do that. I’ll make sure to use this account (my free account) instead of my paid account.

2 Likes

If you win I’ll take your prize :grin:

2 Likes

Absolutely! I need to update the main rules, but in my first update I mentioned that premium participants are accepted as they’re participating may inspire ideas and elements in actual competitors without feeling threatened

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks.

1 Like

I think 2 is better, but make a small optional prompt too (to spark ideas).

1 Like

Alright, here’s todays update:

Judging
I’ve had a general unlucky time in finding another indie holding judge, so I think if this stands then I will extend the judging time as to be fair to all participants and give them all a thorough play through.

Participation
As I’ve noted, indie user will be free to make and submit games with no reward, as to share in the challenge- but please submit using your usual Flowlab forum account so that I will know your indie status so I don’t accidentally award to you.

Theme/Rules
I’m pretty set on the idea of giving all users an identical prompt and having them interpret it in their own way.
However, to avoid repetition, I think I will also have a small list of possible gameplay elements (ie. must be one level, must include two bars of some kind, etc.) that participants will be able to choose one from to keep to the spirit of the challenge, but also keep it vague and loose.

Prizes
I think the merchandise prize for second place is a pretty fair idea, and promotes equal competition even if other users believe a specific entry might eliminate the need for a contest.

This is all I have thus far, if you have any notes, additional requests, or concerns, please let me know and I will take all into consideration.
We’re on track for a February first start date, so we’re at the buzzer for information to be correct!

Thanks for reading,
Take it real easy.

In the Loop

@ManiacPumpkin @JR01 @00T_Free @DWGAMEMASTER @cailem02 @DeadlyGumChewer

4 Likes

Not much to say today, I’ll be posting the final rules and parameters tomorrow as early as I can.
If possible, please confirm your participation today so I know what to expect entry-wise for this upcoming Jam.
Thanks for your time!

In The Loop

@ManiacPumpkin @JR01 @00T_Free @DWGAMEMASTER @cailem02 @DeadlyGumChewer @chrisdakiller

3 Likes

I’m definitely going to participate! So, is it definitely starting tomorrow?

3 Likes

Yes it is, been quiet but still going ahead as promised.

3 Likes

Awesome! I’m really glad you’re doing this! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll join, busy with lots of different games but I’ll try my best

3 Likes

I’m definitely joining!

3 Likes

I am to!!!

2 Likes

Says the man that said:

“Pls dont join level up jam”

4 Likes

toshay.Toshay.toshay.

2 Likes

I know I’m wayyy late, but man the fact that this was hosted during the time I was focused on things other than Flowlab really depresses me, this would’ve been right up my alley because I really enjoy making games on Flowlab but also don’t have the money to burn on Flowlab indie, so this would’ve been perfect

Is there anything like this being hosted now, or am I just screwed?

3 Likes

Bruh, its literally a year later. I actually read this whole topic… I wonder what happened to this, did it actually follow through? But to answer your question, BradenS made something similar to this 7 months ago and that time it actually worked. So maybe someone else might do something similar soon?

4 Likes

@Crigence @Hong_Jooni_Pooni
For the record, this was just the focus group for the idea, actual LevelUp Jam is here. (So yes, mine “actually worked”)
I had just recently found out Braden’s, and he claimed to be inspired by my original. Just wanted to chime in with that.
Take it easy.

4 Likes