Who wants me to keep working on my TD game!

Who wants me to continue working on this game : Flowlab Game Creator - BobsNightmare TD it has a lot of potential but I don’t have any motivation to keep working on it!

7 Likes

If you don’t have any motivation to work on it then don’t work on it

3 Likes

the reason i have no motivation is because what is the point of working on a game that no one is gonna play?

2 Likes

Many people have said things on this.

5 Likes

yea i know that i’m kinda of advertising right now just not in a very confident way mainly because I wanna see if some people wanna play my game and if they do I will carry on with updating it and adding new stuff and fixing bugs but as of now I haven’t worked on it for like 2 months almost…

3 Likes

My advice is work on what is fun. As you keep on working you’ll get better and people will k=like your games more. If you get the most fun out of people playing you games then I would say go ahead and keep working on it

4 Likes

I will absolutely play your game :grinning:

4 Likes

@BroBro2
It has potential, that’s for sure!
I disagree with @John_Shrekinson. You shouldn’t give up on a game just because it’s lost it’s charm! If everyone did that, nothing would be accomplished. Your favorite games, books, movies… wouldn’t even exist!

I understand burning out. That is a pacing problem. If you don’t want to burn out, don’t work on your game 12 hours a day (or anything close to that).

I also understand discouragement. After all, if no one will play your game, why make it?
What you have to understand about this project, is that it’s not about plays. That’s not what you’re trying to do. You need to make your game AS FUN AS POSSIBLE. That’s it.
If it’s fun, people will find it.

All in all, and I’ve said this before, greatness is not built in a day.

5 Likes

Ok so I will continue to work on the game then!

4 Likes

So, there isn’t exactly much of a tutorial or anything, so I’m not sure if I’m just not doing it right or if this is a glitch, but when I start the game it appears that I am unable to purchase or place down any towers. I can click on the towers and select them, but they won’t place. Am I missing something?

4 Likes

I think he just didn’t finish the game

3 Likes

oooh, i thought it was working but he just didn’t know if he should keep improving on it

3 Likes

As someone who’s also creating a tower defense game, I was wondering if you wanted to like connect with each other on the different things we do, boast eachothers games. And use each other for ideas and motivation.

5 Likes

for sure @The_KWASM and sorry to @John_Shrekinson @chrisdakiller @DarkStar_Studios @DraftyScienceCoat75 @117JOJO and more for not responding in so long ive been very busy

6 Likes

and also you can buy and place things you select the tower drag mouse to where you want to place it and then press enter

3 Likes

I need help figuring out how to make it to where you cant place towers on too the track but ive tried using proximities and enableds/switches i’ve even tried all three and i just cant get it to work?!
@John_Shrekinson @DraftyScienceCoat75 @The_KWASM @DarkStar_Studios @chrisdakiller @117JOJO @JR01 @grazer
now im sure grazer cant help because im prolly gonna enter this into the flow jam which idk if thats against the rules and besides the game sorta follows the theme of the 2022 flowjam… (“transformation”) “From rags to riches defense” lol

3 Likes

go into your placement object and put a switch so that you can allow or disallow the placement

1 Like

You can’t put this into the Flowjam because you made the game before it started.

3 Likes

oh well i had a different game but i accidently deleted

2 Likes

Oh ok

3 Likes