Why can’t I change gmails?

So I want to put my real gmail for my main account, but every time I do that it doesn’t let me access the forums while I’m using a new gmail, which is frustrating since I like to keep everything on one account. Which I can still edit games and everything normally, but I just can’t get on to the forums cause it says something about an error and I need to contact the site’s administrator. So @grazer could you please fix this bug or feature. It’s hard to add a verified email when you get punished for it, lol.

1 Like

I just tried it and had no issue.

1 Like

Changing your email shouldn’t be a problem. I guess you might have to log out of the forum and back in or something? What is the error message when you try to access the forum? Is it possible that the email is a duplicate from another account?

2 Likes

Well, it happened to me before and I never said anything about it, but I figured I’d say something now. Cause I’m starting to get my gmail a mixed up, lol.

1 Like

I had this email on a different account, but replaced it. Which was a year ago. Then I wanted to add this email to my main account and it kept bugging out. Not Sure if it being on an account in the past has affected it or not, it that’s pretty much all I did.

I logged out of the forums and back in and that’s what caused it to bug out.

Also on the same topic, do any notifications get sent out when you change emails?

1 Like

No actually. I don’t think I ever received any emails on it regarding flowlab or discourse. I’ll go check again real quick, but I don’t think so.

1 Like

Nope, never got anything.

1 Like

Ok good lol, I want to change mine but it’s a public email :confused:

1 Like

Here is a meme for your troubles
https://youtu.be/rxqLbS90lnA

1 Like