Zoa and the Underground Gauntlet - Devlog

You should add a drip easter egg

4 Likes

Update time! After a little while of panicking, I fixed the worm and made it much simpler, with it being one object moving in a loop over and over. I also replaced the death system so instead of using the View object, there is a manual kill block.

1 Like

Alrighty, I’ll check it out!

1 Like

Also, I added arrow key controls so you can play with WASD or arrows keys.

1 Like

dey tunneling worms :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, they are big tunneling worms. Wormy bois :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Can you spot the difference?

It looks worse in the game.

4 Likes

Yep, character sprite is different, background is different, different heights, messed up overlay at the top of the right one and shows white background.

3 Likes

Ding ding ding! We’ve got a very astute person here.

3 Likes

Update time! After using F3Art’s metroidvania template to help (also known as copy and pasting, I will credit) I have a particle thingie so that’s fun. I didn’t completely copy and past the code, I adjusted to fit with the game so that’s something.

3 Likes

Is this out to play yet? It looks fun, ngl

Can’t wait to see what you do with this!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m also excited about Sol. The game is going smoother and right now it’s just about implementing ideas.

3 Likes

Thanks!

It looks really nice, so good luck with any efforts you make in the game:D

3 Likes

Good luck on your stuff too :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Also, @00T_Free could you playtest, I changed the camera and I wanna see if it looks good :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Alrighty, will do!

2 Likes

This was just a slight thing that I made in the morning. When the player jumps, there is a bit of squash and stretch. I’m lazy and don’t want to animate my character so this is about as good as it will get for now. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I think it’s BECAUSE of the animation. When I jump up it plays the character moving up and down while I’m already jumping, giving a weird effect. Try to have the cloak go up and the legs spreading a bit?

2 Likes

Update time! I haven’t done much this week but I tweaked the jump and I added a few sound effects. Just fancy ambience and a faint walk but at least it’s something. Other than that, I made the background a background object (Thank you Procrastination Update) I’m also gonna add eyes to the worm sprite so that it looks like a worm. Anyway, bye bye :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Also, I added a interpolated camera because I saw the tutorial and wanted to do it and I did so yeah :upside_down_face:

1 Like