A 2-player game inspired by Super smash bros...

didn’t get that far today :confused:
my progress will be slower from now on, as school progresses and there are occasional internet problems right now.

Shifter is going to be a Smash Bros adventure mode style game, with Metroid shooting and powerups. You can get a good feel from how to build your game, when I get further in my game. For now, I still can’t get the blocks to stop clipping into other blocks. I’m working on the edge grab mechanic. Very important in Metroid and Smash Bros games. You have to have the edge grab.

yep theres no smash without edge grabbing or air jump.

Double jump is easy. Click on the bundle for run and jump. Change the collision to bottom only. Connect it to a number 0. Connect your jump button to (+) on a different number, and add a filter that has greater than 1. Connect that filter to the off switch. Connect the number 0 to set the number the jump is adding to.

Now when you land, the switch turns on, but not from touching a wall or hitting your head. When you press jump twice or more, it shuts off, so you only get 2 jumps. It also resets the counter when you land. I’m not looking at the Flowlab bundle right now, but it should work. I believe letting go of the jump button turns off the switch. Remove that wire. You only want the filter to turn it off.

Important, change the impulse to a velocity, or you won’t double jump very high when falling. You probably have to make the number a negative.

Mhx, ever play contra? Thats the first 8-directional that comes to my mind when i hear it

ok thnx

today i hope to make p1s special attack animation. with the wifi not working right at home, the progress may be slowed dwn…

Of course I played Contra. I owned a NES. When I say Metroid, I mean Super Metroid style gameplay. Contra was definitely a run and shoot, like Metal Slug, but faster paced.

p1s attack: shock wave
p1s direct attack: sword attack
p1s special: dark sword- pulvarizes the ground nearby
final smash: lightning blade- repeatedly slash opponents, then launch them.

Do they have a recover? (Up B )

hopefully. But having too many usual ssb functions would make too many buttons, because you can’t press the up arrow key and M at the same time to trigger something.

Thanks @“Mhx Ar” . Triple Jump was added! For now the game is in player movements/attacks/animation testing stage, so don’t expect actual gameplay for now. It may be edge grab that’s tricky…

Adding shield…

Basically is a transparent rainbow circle that changes colors

it doesnt change colors… but take a look!
http://flowlab.io/game/play/482974
, to use shield

Not bad!

thnx :smiley:

Sam looks good too, back to simplicity! Thats what i like

He’s actually referred to p1, as I didn’t copy Sam from your game. But if you do want him to be Sam, just let me know. Or you can send me a sprite of him, because p1 is a swordfighter-type and the Sam you wanted was a brawler-type.

You want a button combo, like Up and M?
I made this tutorial. Jngthree tried it. It works. This method will allow you to make forced numbers for directions and buttons, so your characters don’t glitch a bunch of different commands at the same time.
This will allow you to make up to 8 ( A ) attacks, and 8 ( B ) attacks, and you can use a different button for jump, or still use up.
http://forum.flowlab.io/discussion/2591/how-to-make-an-and-function#latest