ANIMOSITY (Deadly_Smile)

ANIMOSITY is a fast-paced platformer I’m making inspired by other games such as Eldabyss 2 and ULTRAKILL.

It takes place in a dystopian land where obviously the government is more in control. They have set rules and upon breaking an important rule could result in public execution or being used for experimentation. You play as Will Banks who broke the important rule of no stealing and was chosen to be used for experimentation. Upon being experimented on, he has gained great agility and can move very quickly, jump very high, and boost himself in any direction. Boosting is more of a low-quality dash, and they did not want that. So, they threw their failed experimentation into the wild, by himself.

I’ve been wanting to make a game like this, since it would be SUPER FUN to make and play.

(The game is NOT finished. I repeat, NOT FINISHED!!!)

6 Likes

So, what I’m planning to have is that the player has 8 hearts, if he gets to 2 HP then his mask will fall off.

Unmasked

Masked

The reason for this is because when experimented on, they had to remove his face in order to properly give him the liquids that would boost his agility, reflexes, and strength. He can’t grow his face back so he wears a mask most of the time. If, the mask were to fall off Will would be able to run faster, jump higher, boost longer distances, and do a little more damage. This is because he’s able to see and when he’s in panic the abilities he’s given get boosted which is why you only get this when at 2 HP and lower.

I might code this today, after I do enemies.

1 Like

Sceedy :skull: :ghost:

2 Likes

Devlog #1

May 23rd, 2024

Today I officially finished the first version of the controls.
If you play the game you can remove your mask by spacebar. This is temporary.
Here’s a GIF showcasing the controls.
LIBEROSIS Controls Testing ‑ Made with RecordCast
(Sorry it’s widescreen, I’ll try to make it normal for my future GIF’s. yucky widescreen)

Bugs-

• None yet.

I’m going to try to develop the HP system now. It should be pretty easy. After that I’ll do enemies and guns!

4 Likes

I switched Panic Mode (mask off) to activate when at half HP (4).

1 Like

Slamming can now cause invincibility frames and can mass kill enemies!

2 Likes

The name has been changed to ANIMOSITY which means to show strong hostility against something or someone

2 Likes

Devlog #2

May 26rd, 2024

Since the past 3 days, I’ve worked on many things. I made enemies, did a pistol, added slam attacks and even added blood, thanks to extrez’s blood effect system.

I am now going to make a gun my god brother suggested and add a few more enemies.

Bugs-

• None yet.

Additionally to this second devlog I’d like to ask if anyone would want to be pinged for updates.

Wanna be pinged?
  • YEAH!!!
0 voters
2 Likes

Should I add melee attacking via punching and punching only?

2 Likes

you should make it if the player dashes and attacks they kick or sprint punch

Oooh a Dash Attack basically? Maybe, but then I think that would make it basically the same as the slam and I want the slam to be special.

1 Like

well i mean it would be a treat to have a dash attack, i usually love spamming dash attacks when i need to go fast on a level full of enemies

and you should start off with the melee attack and then you unlock attacks and equip different weapons, kinda like cup head

That’s what the slam is for of course! If you gather enough enemies you can slam them down.

oh ok.

Actually within every level you start with the gun you had last level and there are no inventories if you find another gun the last one is destroyed and gets replaced with the new gun.

1 Like

oh phew, I thought it was going to be one of those games where everything you got in the last level would be gone in the next

1 Like

does it make you fast?

It slams you down onto the ground very quickly.

oh, the reason I wanted a dash attack is so you can run forward while doing damage