Ball Bounce Simulator - Update & Dev Team Discussion

I have a good (If difficult) idea for you, @ManiacPumpkin.

Make a brick where you physically have to aim and fire the balls at it in order to destroy it (maybe it has a rock-solid shell that borders it.)

1 Like

“They will have flying cars in 2020”

1 Like

ITS DONE
OUR GOD HAS COME

Okay now back to doing productive stuff

2 Likes

So a small update on the exposition stuff.
I’m through my 6th bottle of VitaminWater
My wrist has been decimated
And I’ve done 2 “good” frames in total.

I’m going to take a brake so it’ll probably be done tomorrow or sooner if I can produce any more creativity juice.

3 Likes

Hey so I noticed that when balls get stuck inside bricks they don’t tp and just sit there still.
bbbbb

1 Like

Have something testing for no velocity and if it does have none then it will teleport to the pipe?

Well velocity wouldn’t work as the velocity will still be evaluated by the number that was imputed into the velocity behavior, at least I think its like that. (did that make sense? I don’t think it did…)
Instead you would have to look for a position update, always check to see if its position is the same as it was maybe like a second or two ago.
Then again I could be totally incorrect as I am no programmer, I am but a person that scribbles on the internet.

Actually Idk if I added it to the final ball or not so that could’ve been why. I’ll check it out in a bit.

Also does anyone know any code that could help the final ball actually track down the bricks? I tried using multiple systems and I’m currently using one but it’s very inaccurate so idk if anyone has a better design which literally anything is better than what i’m using.

1 Like

I can rig something up real fast.

1 Like

Also I’m honestly not sure how the final ball got stuck since it did have the reset protocol on it and I looked it over and it seemed to be working alright, but then again it could have been stuck between two different bricks and must have been vibrating or slowly moving so it never actually teleported. Which actually happened a few times and I honestly can’t do anything about that. I think it only effects the saw blade and that since both are actually really small balls but then have an animation so it sometimes bugs out.
Anyway yeah if you can come up with a targeting system for the final ball that would be wonderful, thanks.

You could use the round up to feature to eliminate the small movments.

I made a new system for the Final ball. It has the same function as before, after it hits a wall it will look at a brick and then move in the bricks direction.

2 Likes

Alright, I added your system for the final ball and I also tinkered with it a bit to be compatible for my game since all of my objects are different from the ones you hooked your final ball up to. It seems to work great, thank you.
Although it does seem a little buggy when it collides with other balls, but its a lot better than what I had, lol.

2 Likes

Its good to hear that everything is working okay, If I have the time I might revise the code for it.
Sorry, I probably won’t be able to finish the explosion SFX anytime soon.
ahem I mean to be fair Gensin just updated and I really want to play it so ya know, priorities lol.

1 Like

That’s alright, lol. Also not entirely sure what’s wrong but I did find a bug in the final ball. When all of the gold bricks break and there are still basic bricks the ball just sticks to the wall and starts vibrating for some reason. Not entirely sure why or what’s all going on there, but I’ll try to look into it.
Also I made it so the bricks health saves when you leave so you could be on like level ten and the health is getting really high so you just leave and get back on it would reset, so I changed that so good luck getting to level 50 now, lol.

1 Like

So I took into consideration what you said about the design for the infection boss and I under stood none of it so I made this. Its just a base for the design, not a finished product.
boooosssss

1 Like

What I meant, which I definitly didn’t explain it, but a large brick that is made up of smaller bricks. Like a brick wall, but with blue bricks. And has a mouth that ranged from each side with small eyes. Which the yellow you used look pretty good. Although I’m not sure if I plan on using this boss, I might just have a big brick that just says boss brick on it, lol.

1 Like

That could work lol.
I’ll rig something up like that, in the mean time I’m close to finishing the explosion so look out for it.

1 Like

egg-plosion
EGGSPLOSION

1 Like