Battle Island

Why not make it a survival where you must find/create something safe but you gotta fish for food and fight monsters who you accidentally encounter

fish for food… that’s a good idea, but it’s in separate levels and the points are in lables…
Creating something, so the player has to go get wood and/or supplies from somewhere and build a house or something? It’s gonna be like minecraft… it’s a good idea, but I don’t know if I have enough objects OR levels OR logic to pull this all off.
So it’s not either campaign or minigames… or maybe I can do minigames that you can do to get supplies! … man this is complicated
:confused:

Have a the character in a “hub world”

The character touches a tree- he gains 5 material points.

He fishes. (Goes to fishing level) Gets a high tier fish- 10 food points

He builds a house- -(n) material points

He runs into a monster. Die rolls

But as good the idea is, and even if it doesn’t have any flaws, it doesn’t match with the game.
The hub world would be the lv1 island, but the thing is, the trees are used to keep him IN the island. Scroll view also cannot be used because of the mistake I made with not putting the die in UI layer.
Second, the player already is given a house… the house in the corner to heal. The fishing has high and low tier fish, as well as garbage bags and jellyfish and other enemies, and they give and/or take away the amount of points. I can’t do “keep in levels” because the owner of the lables is the rod, and I have no idea how to use the save system.
Third, the player has a boss to take down. After he’s defeated, a path opens leading to a new level. I was kinda thinking of it to lead to a new minigame or the next level in campaign.

You could make an open world survival game, where during the day, you can collect supplies and food, hunt, and fish, but at night, you have to survive waves of enemies.

Instead of trees keeping him on. Use water thats solid else its more of a forest

And like i said the die can subtract the players position by 32 so its above him

Saving is basically a variable that can stay between sessions so basically if you make it to where health starts at 10 but if it goes down to 7, and the player restarts the game and clicks a load button. Then the health meter instead of starting at 10, it reads the save and goes to 7 instead.

Another example is my highscore rig

@“Mhx Ar” wow… that’s good :open_mouth:
but some questions and concerns:
where do you get the supplies? No scroll view, limited space. The monsters are currently programmed to appear at daytime. The house is already there.
hunting and fishing. Fishing requires save, I need to figure out how to use it, still. Hunting also, and it’ll require quite a lot of objects…
For nighttime, I could make a pitch black UI object with the alpha 40 or so and make the day background shift to night background, but I’ll need more enemies and something that spawns enemies. I’m not sure if I have enough objects to pull all that off.
The path that opens after beating the boss, what should that lead to?

Maybe after beating the boss, he’ll warn you about nighttime and disappear. Then the timer starts.
“Keep between levels” will work for level shifting, probably…
Also, how do you get more protection at nighttime?

sorry for all those questions…

@jngthree ok, I’ll try to use it. I already tried once but didn’t work out so well…
I’ll try out the position arrangement too, and if it works, I’ll use it :slight_smile:

Thank you all for those great ideas

You could have yellow glowing arrows or circles that take you to different areas, like say a forest, where you can collect wood for making a wall, that enemies can break down by touching them, but it saves you time. Like, let’s say you need to collect 4 chunks of wood from trees to build a single block of wood, so each block (+) a number, filter 4 = (+) 1 to a different number, and pressing a button emits a block of wood, and subtracts 1 wood block from your UI inventory. Every area is a different minigame. Collecting fish can be used in a cooking fire game, to make food, that you can eat to regain health, instead of the house regenerating your health. The house just ends the day and refills your HP, then it becomes day when you come back out, but the house is blocked off until a filter (less than 1) lock is broken, for the amount of enemies you have to defeat that night. Each defeated enemy sends a (+) -1 to a number, and every day, a new number, or random number is set as the next challenge. Harder enemies can appear, based on the days you have survived. They can destroy your walls faster, or maybe destroy your house, so you would have to rebuild it with wood, or you get a game over.

that seems fun, it would be great! :smiley:
thanks for the concept, it’s an amazing idea… I hope I have enough objects though…

You’re on the free version? Ah, well in that case, make use of your objects, by reusing as many as you can.
I could build an entire 40 name credits sequence using only 2 objects, and 100 animations. It’s all about the switches.
I’ve even made enemies that change their look and behavior, based on the first object they touch. Did they spawn on grass? It’s a grass enemy. Did it spawn on water? It’s a water enemy. Did it spawn on fire? It’s a fire enemy. That way, I could have 30 different enemy types, using only one single object, a bunch of special triggers, and a bunch of animations.

thanks 4 the help!

(challenge)Hey! Can anyone get more than 3000 in fishing / 10,000 in hunting?
(for anyone who’s interested and want to show off :P)

fishing: 3000+ bait handler
4000+ assistant fisher
6000+ crab catcher
7500+ fisher
9000+ expert fisher
15000+ master/ sensei

xD

and for hunting…
5000 beginner
8000 basic
10000 support gunner
13000 doubleteam sniper
18000 sniper
25000 ultimate sniper
30000 serial killer

For my hunting sniper game, I need bushes… but making them are SO HARD. As you all know, I’m not good with sprites

Ill see if i cant help you out

thnx… Im temporarily using some poorly drawn bushes for now…

Hunting’s not going as planned… restarted the whole level