3 Likes

oh ok thanks

3 Likes

i have improved it @John_Shrekinson
9b80892b9e31011f7092f13fdaaa0ce1eed070bd

haha

i memed the memer

4 Likes

hey @Galactian i think you should make it so you can change levels. Example: im on level 3 but lets say i wanna play level 1 again. But if you add this make it so i cant go to 4 or 5 because i havent beaten them yet.

4 Likes

Hey y’all, if you haven’t played this game in a while you may have not noticed that I’ve completely revamped every level, added new enemies, balanced the game and upgrade paths out, added health-bars, and buffed and nerfed different bosses. The game is a sh*t ton more difficult. The necessity of that cuss should help you understand how much harder it is. Someone told me it was too easy and I took that personally. It’s still really fun (for me), just requires you to pay a ton of attention and use movement very strategically. For those of you who want to restart the game, press “r” and “p” at the same time (once you have selected a weapon)
From feedback from a few people at school, they all enjoyed it but here’s an “average” of the time it took them to beat each level:
Level 1: 1-3 tries, varied a lot.
Level 2: 5-10 minutes
Level 3: 15-45 minutes
Level 4: 1-2 1/2 hours (used to be harder actually, took my friend 4 hours to beat the old one)
Level 5 is unfinished.

Should I add an easy mode?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Thanks to @CodeAlpaca for the advice on how to improve the levels. Can you explain why you thought the art was unfinished? It’s just an 8x8 style, was originally like that so it was easy to make so I could focus more on the gameplay than art. I really just wanted to create a masterpiece in gameplay.

Currently a final boss is in production, I just don’t know what do give to the final phase of the fight. It’s quite difficult to keep the progression in difficulty while it still being entertaining and fun to fight.

2 Likes

Add an easy mode and a game mode to make the game easy enough for babies to play. Just to make fun of the player

2 Likes

That’s great! Now that it seems you have finished the game, I would highly recommend designing unique characters and sprites to use in the game. Since gameplay is the primary focus of this game (again, awesome), I think it would greatly benefit from from good characters, setting and lore because it makes the whole game more memorable, and more appealing to potential players. If Mario was just a platformer game with squares, people probably wouldn’t remember it all too well. You too can make iconic Flowlab characters. It’s kind of bruh that Gamougg is more recognizable than any of your games even though it’s terrible in comparison.

game journalist mode lol

2 Likes

i don’t like using characters into games, i think generic characters are more interesting since then it’s up to the community to come up with names, plus it’s quite hard to make an interesting character in this simplistic 8x8 style

2 Likes

I was imaginaning a resprite but i understand. Master Chief is generic so players can relate, but still not so much of a blank slate that players forget him. You could try striking a balance between these two. My final opinion is that Bloodlust is an amazingly well made game but easily forgettable due to its lack of interesting things to mentally hold on to. In other words, don’t be like John Shrekinson and actually accept change. Try out new things that you wouldn’t have thought of otherwise. And get other people’s opinion.

1 Like

going to have a slight delay in final boss, having huge struggles keeping each weapon equal for the final fight

also final fight is really hard to nerf because i want it to be hard still

4 Likes

Sorry to revive, but I have two questions:

1: Are you still working on this game?
2: Can you re-name this?

It’s sort of suspicious.

haven’t worked on this game in a while, but there is a final boss that sort of works from a while ago that i never posted update notes on

4 Likes

i’m going to be remaking this game (sort of), so this version will be public soon

6 Likes

this version is now public, going to nerf final boss and add a leaderboard then see if it can be featured

3 Likes

I love the blood in this game, it looks really cool. Also that’s the code from that blood example you made before right? Ever since that example was made I’ve remembered the simple code for it and I use it all the time.

2 Likes

nah it’s actually a completely different system that’s less sorted but much better

3 Likes

Ok, I was just wondering that since when I saw the blood splatter it looked pretty similar to the blood example you made. I still really like it.

3 Likes

Alright, i nerfed the final boss and fixed some annoying features (killing yourself, weird deaths, few bugs)

Two things, the game is now public, so I’d like some feedback on what I should touch-up on. What’s good, what’s unbalanced, what’s annoying, what’s boring?

Also, because the next game I’m going to be making will keep the overall gun concepts that this game uses (but will be more of a tactical shooter instead, and it will be a much better game, will be a huge project), what should I do to the game’s names? (and why?)

• Rename this game to Bloodlust Original, name the next game Bloodlust
  • Keep this game as Bloodlust, name the next game Bloodlust 2
0 voters
2 Likes

Bloodlust 2 sounds more hype

why does it sound more hype