Welcome to Bored Reviews
Where the things we enjoy is politeness, constructive criticism, and a good game!
I’ve had my games reviewed by @Crigence and @“Daniel Folston” , and they have inspired me to do the same. I have plenty of time on my hands to look at games and test them out, whether they are done or not. If you send me a game, you will get: A review of what I thought was good and bad (In my opinion), suggestions of what you should change for the better of your game (If you choose to use the advice), and rate as fairly as I can to the game your have presented to me (You will also receive a like for your game! ). You can also play one of my older games, A Little Evil- flowlab.io/game/play/1034205 . And here is a game that I’ve just finished, A Boy in Armor- flowlab.io/game/play/1095375 and a game I am now working on right now, A-Box (in development) - flowlab.io/game/play/1148793 . Make sure to like!
So, welcome to the most polite review you can find on FlowLab! I try to make my best effort to make it so that I motivate you to keep building on your games instead of making you feel bad about them, because every game has potential, no matter how poorly made!
I will be on here at least once a week if I am busy, and I will do my best to keep up with your games. Start sending, and have a good day! (Total Reviews: 113*)
What I look for:
- I like very well done art, mainly done by yourself (Not default, but if it works, it will be acceptable)
- Very good storytelling if having story relation, or give us a background of the objective in-game, with controls and useful information.
- Fitting music that matches the tone of the game and it’s sections and different moods.
- I look for originality as one of the key things. Anyone can copy a game or use an idea, but a lot more mind and creativity goes into purely original games.
- Good mechanics and controls that make sense for the gameplay and easy to use, and maybe unique.
- Keep art that matches the tone and fits together, not half realistic and half cartoon. And make sure, if you make your own art, to put good effort into it.
- And of course, make it enjoyable in it’s own way!
You can do it too!
I have recently added the option that you, yes you, can review a game in my discussion. Here are the rules:
- I have to have already reviewed the game.
- Do not be rude to the developer.
- Use constructive criticism.
- You do not have to use my format for your review/suggestions.
- You have to give the developer’s game a like if you review it.
- Has to be a rating out of 5 or 10.
- Be willing to change your review if I have issues with it.
- Be reasonable with the review, such as if it is a new game or a long-term WIP game.
- You can review games that were reviewed a long time ago (in my discussion).
- State I gave you permission.
- State the name of the developer.
- State the name of the game.
- Most importantly, be polite!
If you send in a game:
- Be willing to receive a review from someone other than me.
- Take on constructive criticism, and use it.
- You may advertise.
That is all for Other Reviewers (ORs). Thanks, and have fun!
My review format:
- First, I start it up with a small opening leading to “Here is what I had thought:”
- I give a review of 10 comments, 5 comments if a re-review.
- I make a conclusion underneath the comments, repeating what I liked and didn’t in paragraph form.
- I give a rating out of 10 and give my reasons.
I hope this gives you guys some insight with my reviews, and how I do them!
Plymouth Interactive Fables
This is my brand for all story-based games I make! A Boy in Armor is the first to officially be made as one, and A Box is coming in as the second! Go down to my other discussions below to give me suggestions for other games, feedback, and reviews, and I can also help all of you guys out with story elements!
Credited to @ToastMaster64 for making this latest image!
Some of my other discussions:
A Boy in Armor (Update Log) - forum.flowlab.io/discussion/6860/a-boy-in-armor-update-log#latest , a log of my first completely story driven game!
Welcome to Plymouth Interactive Fables - forum.flowlab.io/discussion/7190/welcome-to-plymouth-interactive-fables#latest , here is the official discussion and name for my development of story games! I finally made it!
Game of the Week winners:
(You can only compete if you have had me review your game in the following week)
Week One: @“JR 01” ‘s DRIVE
Week Two: @“Creeper Bones”’ Castle Jump
Week Three: @CrimsonBlackGames’ Starblast 3
Week Four: @SomeGuy542 's The Cursed Room
Week Five: @“Caleb Strawberry 3” 's (And more) The Cowboy that did in fact go to space **(Not final title)
Week Six: @ToastMaster64 's The Thief At The Museum
Week Seven: @meburningslime 's Terraria
Week Eight: @ToastMaster64 's Temple Runner Retro
Week Nine: @“Biscuit Butter” 's Kid’s Quest 2
Week Ten: @“Johnny boy” 's Rise
Week One: @“my_name (<_>)” 's Gravity Hop
Week Two: @ManiacPumpkin 's To The North
Week Three: @“JR 01” 's NYCTOPHOBIA
Week Four: TBD
Week Five: TBD
Game of the Week: Champions
Game of the Week Championship - Ante Decem:
1st- @CrimsonBlackGames ’ Starblast 3
2nd- @“JR 01” 's DRIVE
3rd- @“Biscuit Butter” 's Kid’s Quest 2
4th- @“Creeper Bones” ’ Castle Jump
5th- @SomeGuy542 's The Cursed Room
(Out of 10 Champions)
Game of the Week Championship - Parva Quinque:
(Out of 5 Champions)
“The more opinions, the greater the outcome!” -rcreger
This includes re-reviews
** You can join the development team for this game, and others, here: forum.flowlab.io/discussion/6964/community-project-game#latest . This is there discussion, which will lead to their Discord, where you can join.