Boss Battle? i need help making one

Sorry for the trouble but im trying to make it so a boss swings a weapon in this case my boss is like a cyclops and i want him to swing a club at the player which would kill the player

2 Likes

Make the boss emit a block, with collisions off, but collision detection on, and make the boss emit it when swinging its club. If you don’t understand still, you could link the game and i could help you out.

1 Like

Yeah i still dont understand that, ill send the link if you can help out

1 Like

An easy way is to have a boss swinging a club as an animation and then have a slash object. Have it so the boss emits the slash after the animation plays. Would look pretty sick, just sayin.

1 Like

This requires a lot more effort than the boss one I made for you, but still doable and compatible. Use @gamerztrio and @Yorkie2323’s suggestions and replace one of the filter attacks with this. So instead of summoning a minion, maybe it swings a club.

1 Like

Oh ok yeah i just want it to swing a club but maybe my next boss can summon minons

2 Likes

Oh wait but how do i change one of the filter attacks, im sorry im still a beginner so im still learning

2 Likes

Could you take a screen shot? (ctrl zoom-out) So that I can see what you mean, I am having trouble understanding what you mean.

2 Likes

Ok let me finish the example and then ill send the picture

1 Like

1 Like

there you go :)))) i think somehow i have to make the club a different entity :confused:

2 Likes

So that it swings the club you know?

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t know… I’ll get back to this when I figure it out.

1 Like

Ok if you want me to send the game link that @meburningslime sent me i can send that so you can check it out
here it is

just check out the bosses behaviors
2 Likes

For now, you could have it emit the club with a 0 velocity, then have the club not solid but still collisions on.

1 Like

So should the club be a different entity added to the monster?

2 Likes

It should be a particle the monster emits, or alternatively the club could be an animation and the slash is what is emitted.

1 Like

But im guessing i would need a switch to activate the swing with the animation, and a proximity to show how close the player would have to get for the club to swing?

2 Likes

So i got the animation, now what do i do? like i said in my example idk if that would work, and plus idk how to work it

1 Like

Like idk how to connect the club with the monster

1 Like