Bread Reviews 🍞

Since most other review topics have kind of slowed down (and the forums seem to be a bit dead), I figured I would make my own review topic.

Review Layout:

Gameplay: -/5
:black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes:

Art: -/5
:black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes and/or Tips:

Mechanics: -/5
Notes:

Fun: -/5
Notes and/or Tips:

So, I will preemptively start reviewing Taile Gamougg 4 Delta before @John_Shrekinson says “It’s Gamouggin’ Time!”.

9 Likes

The forums do seem a bit active rn, before I saw something like 5+ help requests a day from different users, now I only see about 1-2

But apparently, flowlab is on the rise :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

Taile Gamougg 4 Delta by John_Shrekinson

Gameplay: 3/5
:red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: As most people say, a ton of buttons to memorize isn’t very helpful. I ended up sticking with just the three basic guns (G, H, and J) because those were the only ones I could remember :sweat_smile:. But, the movement and sprinting were nice, although if you hold shift long enough your sprint goes into the negatives.

Art: 3/5
:purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes and Tips: I love your artstyle, it’s chaotic but most sprites look good. The sheer amount of sprites was insane, I don’t actually think you needed that many. Some tips are: To keep your pixel size consistent, and keep it simple sometimes.

Mechanics: 2/5
:green_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: As said before, the over 25 buttons that you could press is kinda overwhelming. But on a positive note, most of the bosses were fun to fight. I liked the flying bumper car (:skull:), it was fun to drive. I also liked the dialogue and characters throughout the game.

Fun: 4/5
:orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :black_large_square:
Notes and/or Tips: I had a fun time playing it, possibly your best game! The one thing that was the least fun to me sometimes was the parkour segments. Gamougg seems to get stuck on blocks a lot. Another thing, the guns sometimes didn’t load in when I pressed their respective buttons, although it was an easy fix (Esc and Esc), it kinda broke the immersion sometimes.

Thanks for making a fun game @John_Shrekinson!

4 Likes

Flowlab.io - Alpaca Raceway

Bit outdated, but when I eventually remake it, it will be much better. But for now, any feedback would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Hey! Can you review universal crumble? Looking for ways to improve what I have!

3 Likes

im currently playing all the campaign levels, and look!

2 Likes

Alpaca Raceway by CodeAlpaca

:red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: The gameplay was a 50/50 for me. 50% fun, 50% challenging. I really loved most of the levels, even if they were hard. The few levels I really disliked were the ones that relied on the Engine Off blocks. If you just grazed the side of the track for half a second, that was it. You had to restart. The rest of the levels had some good design though.

:purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: Nice and simple art does great in this game. Love the customization feature and the community skins.

Mechanics: 4/5
:green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: As I said before, the Engine Off blocks kinda gave me a hard time, but they introduced a challenge for more skilled players, as well as the No Steering blocks. I loved the levels that let you abuse the restarting from a checkpoint to win the level. Just some really smart design. Some levels though felt like they abused the bug of being able to get a checkpoint through a wall.

Fun: 3/5
:orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes and/or Tips: Most of the levels I had fun on, as I said before. A tip would be to reduce the amount of speed lost when you hit a wall, because (again, as I said before) it does really make it hard when your engine is off.

Really cool game, @CodeAlpaca! (The Level Editor feature is amazing as well.)

3 Likes

Universal Crumble by sup3r87

Gameplay: 4/5
:red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: Gameplay was fun but challenging!!! (and I was playing on easy mode XD) Yeah, this game is hard! I feel like that may have been me being bad but I just kept running into asteroids :smiling_face_with_tear:. A suggestion: Make the enemy ships more of a threat, I would just boost past them to avoid any damage.

Art: 5/5
:purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square:
Notes: Just amazing. I love your art and your GALACDRIVE style seems to have carried over here. I especially loved the arrows on the player and how the arrow would go diagonal if two keys were being pressed. One (teeny) thing I would suggest is to turn the mouse cursor off when you have the gun. Easy fix.

:green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: Not a lot of complex mechanics, but this game doesn’t need them. My favorite was boosting and how you could use it, and I used the gun the least.

:orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :black_large_square:
Notes and/or Tips: The levels were great! The boss level really stressed me out, I was on 1 HP for the whole level after the boss :sweat_smile:. I liked the layout of every level, each one seemed really well thought out. A thing I would suggest to make it more fun is maybe some customization for your player, maybe skins unlocked from acheivements? idk, I think this would give a really good incentive to 100% the game.

Amazing game, @sup3r87, deserved the win. Another last thing to say: I loved the choice of music in each level, each track fit the level so well :grin:.

5 Likes

Hey thanks! I’ll jot notes. Thank you!

1 Like

Rate this please I just love this game and I keep coming back to it to update it…

2 Likes

i played this for my whole english class last week… I’ll review it tmr

1 Like

That makes me glad (:

No problem for the game and thanks for the preemptive review! Will fix bruh moments.

1 Like

Hey it’s cool to see a new review topic! Could you give a review for Ghost Gunner? I would love in-depth feedback!

5 Likes

Hoping you can get to this soon! Any feedback is appreciated.

6 Likes

i’m gonna post something to here soon

2 Likes

um sorry guys, had a day off so i was just playing astroneer the whole day. really sorry, i’ll get every game tmr in school

5 Likes

Ants: Long live the queen by Pixel_Name

Notes: Gameplay felt really polished and everything worked nice. This game is a really fun game to pass the time, and I like the option to summon bosses so you don’t get surprised by random boss spawns like some other games. The bosses had cool mechanics and didnt feel too unfair to fight. One thing to change: In the description, it says “spikes only work against bosses” when in reality they work against everything except red ants.

Notes: Nice art, different from your newer style. It fits the game nice and I especially like the boss sprites. There could maybe be some background sprites?

Notes: Not a lot of complex mechanics, but I think that fits this type of game. I like the ants that make food for you and you can buy more. Realistic to real ants!

Notes and/or Tips: Great time-passer, as I mentioned before I played this the whole class. After a while the game gets grindy though, but you can add more updates and new bosses. Maybe a new type of ant to fight for you? (Acid ant? Fire Ant?)

Love this game, @Pixel_Name1!

4 Likes

omg this game is so good

1 Like

You were prepared for john, unprepared for me

It’s Gamouggin’ time!

3 Likes