Buglist - July 2018

To help organize a checklist, I will be making a list of confirmed and unconfirmed bugs. Please feel free to test these yourself, and contribute your own bugs to the list.

Thank you.

CONFIRMED
A strike means that grazer has also confirmed the bug, and has been fixed.
(These bugs have been tested several times by at least a few members, or by myself, and do exist.)

[x] is a link to the topic or an image source.

Destroyer was replaced with Impulse on GUI layer Components section [x]
Emitter emits objects 1 grid space to the left, instead of on top, even with 0 force [x]
Raycast cannot see past non-solid objects, cannot detect non-solid objects, and needs an optional passive checkmark to see past solid objects [x]
Flip does not work when rotation is enabled [x]
Exported games experience intense lag (Tested myself on Windows Exporter) [x]

COMMUNITY TESTED
(These bugs are not confirmed nor unconfirmed, but have been tested by several people in the community, and likely do exist.)

UNCONFIRMED
(These bugs have not yet been tested by either grazer nor I.)

DEBUNKED
(These bugs have been shown to not exist for others, or could not be recreated, and may be a result of the game itself having bad wiring.)

If you have any bugs, comment them below. I will add them to the list.

BUG TESTER
[spoiler] Here’s a build of a simple Bug Tester engine. You can clone it and use it yourself.
Directional Keys
(Use to check if your buttons are being pressed right, if something they do is not working.)
Up = 1 ; Right = 2 ; Left = 4 ; Down = 8
Collision
(Shows a collision marker for 1 second. Use to determine if you are actually touching an object.)
Bottom = 1 ; Right = 100 ; Left = 10 ; Up = 1000
X/Y Velocity
(Use to check your movement, jump, or fall speed.)
-Left +Right ; -Up +Down

Use Spacebar to toggle various testing modes

Bug Tester
[/spoiler]

Added [x] hyperlink citations for source of bug or image descriptions in this buglist.
I figured it will save @grazer some time and list space, instead of loading the images here.

I’m having a problem where if a entity is bigger than a single tile it deletes every tile except the top left tile when i refresh the page

Make sure you play the game before you refresh, as this triggers a save. If you enlarge the tile and then refreshing before hitting ok or something, it wont save and therefor wont keep the enlargement.

Instead of refreshing, just load the level youre already in.

I deleted a object so I could have space for a different object but it still says sorry you used up all your objects

Everytime I play this one game I created, it just starts blinking! I dunno how though…

Sounds like you may have an object restarting the game immediately when it starts. This can happen for example if you add a “Dangerous” bundle to a moveable object, and it restarts the game as soon as it touches the ground.

Also - the Destroyer button issue has been fixed in the latest update

Hi, I seem to be having a problem with exporting to windows (android works fine). Recently every time I try it just seems to be building the game forever - last time it still hadn’t finished after four days. I’ve tried cloning the game/deleting the old one but that didn’t do anything either - is there anything known that might be causing this to happen?

The queue sometimes get clogged, sometimes because the server is handling too many at a time, but no other reason is known- at least for me…

@grazer

Hey @IgorsBrain - thanks for reporting it, I’ll check it out today and make sure the queue is up and running.

@grazer I’m having the same problem too! <3

@IgorsBrain and @AddoPlayz - the windows queue is finally empty, so all builds should be complete. Sorry about that - the queue was really backed up with games.

The good news is that I made some changes to the windows app export, so it should complete a lot faster now (about 5 to 10 minutes instead of an hour).

Hey @Grazer, that’s fantastic - thank you! :slight_smile: Personally I’m just glad it wasn’t because of something I broke!! That’s awesome news about the reduced export times as well, thank you for looking into this :slight_smile:

I’m a bit late… but thanks @grazer :slight_smile:

http://forum.flowlab.io/discussion/6069/no-exe-file-after-exporting#latest

Help me

i have some problems recently with colision/proximity targets

if i set up a collision/proximity trigger to detect an object, say “Banana”, sometimes it will automatically assign one object name in specific like for example “Object 239” to detect instead of detecting any “Banana”. deleting the trigger and remaking it, i’ll find this same “Object 239” is there to detect even if i don’t select anything or try unselecting it. i usually have to delete the trigger and refresh the game for it to stop doing this

Hey @Wizardry - you’re saying that you select no object name (just a type) and the editor chooses an object for you? And then after that you cannot unselect it?

Does this happen a lot, or is it difficult to reproduce?