Building a new game, dungeon crawler, need help

Behavior packs don’t change how thw code affects the game. Use animations for costumes and abilities, like this game.

ok. i got the collision for the lava down. I just need to find out how to make you not go off screen/how to make the outside block collision work

actually, i might just try reusing the lava blocks for the outside barrier blocks.

ok that works…

1 Like

That’s good news.

1 Like

Where’s me, lol.

1 Like

What is that supposed to mean?

1 Like

Sorry, it was a joke meant for meburningslime. Since he made a game based off of different game devs or users on here. But he probably made it before I even joined so it was supposed to be more of a joke. Sorry for getting off topic.

3 Likes

You were around but you were too new to make a game like that lol

2 Likes

while you’re here, think you could help me with something? I’m trying to get this so that you can select multiple characters, the method being that a selection screen sends a message over to a sprite that then activates a message based on the key pressed. However, the animations are not working.
Here’s the code for the animations:

1 Like

Are the animations on loop or stay on last frame? If not then they could cause the animation to go though a cycle once and then stop.

1 Like

ok, i got them to kind of work. I set them on stay on last frame, but then when i restart the game i have to restart it again because the character dissappears.

1 Like

Stay on last frame when done.
If you want all the characters in the same avatar then use the example here.

1 Like

okay, put it on last frame. Character still dissappears/doesn’t do the right animation. Is there something wrong with any of this code related to the animation script?
Code for selection screen:

Code for Character:

1 Like

Nope, it looks all right. @grazer @JR_01
Wait a minute…
Try putting a timer before the destroy.

1 Like

Yeah a timer would delay the delete so it won’t delete the object before it spawns in the items.

1 Like

Hi I’m new hicdnoqocjjskkwjcjjw

1 Like

Welcome to Flowlab @MinecraftFan22. If you ever have any questions then please, feel free to ask on the forums anytime.

1 Like

Hi pumpkgin how so I make game

1 Like

Press new game on the main menu.

2 Likes