Coalescence Devlog

@DinoDev @Hong_Jooni_Pooni @BradenS @extrez @JUSTPLAINOP @HuckleBerry @John_Shrekinson @ItzBlob @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time @eee_team

4 Likes

More Pings: @Kasamir @DoSomeFINforSharks @hi4250five

3 Likes

Very informative, it’s good :+1:

6 Likes

I posted some footage of Coalescence on r/destroymygame, here are some wonderful insights I gained that will help me make the game better!

Guess it’s time to redo the whole game except for the background

Day or two of work. :skull:

Ah yes, Coalescence has a completely drab color palette and dated looking UI.

4 Likes

But in all seriousness the 3rd one makes some decent points and the 2nd one is decent in the 1st half.

4 Likes

I vividly remember not being on the forums at the time I posted this, does anyone have any idea about this?

1 Like

Guess there’s an imposter among us. Or this is the work of an enemy Stand…

1 Like

Devlog 10

Game feel, Wave system and random stuff.

First of all we have a video of a wave system. Obviously very unfinished, I really need to set up particles. The enemy spawning will be telegraphed and look a lot more natural, one cool thing about the system though is that it’s 100% modular! Any 2 Gates with matching object names will work. To select which pattern to use, the Gate simply picks the pattern that matches with it’s name.

I also worked a lot on the game feel, the changes were very simple but they made the game feel a lot better, first, the player now moves faster and can dash through bullets. The Diamond Destroyer also now fires much more bullets making it much more usable now. This generally makes the player feel a lot more powerful which is what I kinda want with the game. I’ve also been working on the website as you can tell.
@DinoDev @Hong_Jooni_Pooni @BradenS @extrez @JUSTPLAINOP @HuckleBerry @John_Shrekinson @ItzBlob @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time @eee_team

7 Likes

More Pings: @Kasamir @DoSomeFINforSharks @hi4250five @pingkiller122

3 Likes

Sweet! This is a really cool system!

4 Likes

Devlog 11

Blood and SFX

Blood is using Extrez’s wonderful blood example.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Chainsaw
CHAINSAW!!!

7 Likes

5 Likes

I LOVE MURDERING WITH CHAINSAW

5 Likes

Great minds think alike. This will be an existing weapon in Episode 2 of my game…
This is DELIGHTFULLY brutal

5 Likes

Hrmshrmrumphrmm…

2 Likes

Crypt Crusher
The first Hitscan weapon in the game!

5 Likes

guys…
IT’S SPOOKY MONTH!!!
New Piskel (8)

7 Likes

The demons will soon emerge. @Kasamir @DoSomeFINforSharks @hi4250five @pingkiller122

2 Likes