Crimson hunters...AGAIN!!

Absolutely no idea how to kill this cat bug thing. I had to reset because I guess it’s invincible. Probably shouldn’t have been able to get there. I did a ton of sequence breaking by clipping with the charge beam and got all the powerups the easy way.

a

Finally killed the cat. It was easy, I’m just dumb lol. The box I kept accidentally shooting, it was the teleporter, which btw is sick. I’ve been trying to figure out how to make a good homing attack method that doesn’t look like teleporting, and I think this is perfect, except instead of firing the teleporter, it will lock on to the position of an enemy on keypress like a sniper target. Fantastic work in this game, I had a lot of fun with it, keep it up man!

Oh, you sequence broke! How!? Thats awesome! I was hoping I would be able to do that…

But the teleporter gun can be spammed against a wall and teleport you out- not sure how to fix it

I was going to make a grappling hook (which I have an idea for, btw) but then decided why do that when you can have a teleporter gun to get you across…

If anything, I want to get rid of clipping- cuz running around where theres nothing but rock (no air) would be weird

That also means you skipped a fight with
another hunter…

Just made what will be a minimap. Its working pretty nicely, just gotta draw the rooms now

@“Mhx Ar” it uses only two objects and the Y=(Y/#)B format

With Y being crimorys position

being the absolute size of the game itself

And B being the center of the maps position relative to the corner of the screen

If the hunter was the guy after the wall jump tube and spike pit, I spammed gun, pierce, and rocket at the same time and forced him into the wall to die in seconds. The first time, I broke the out gate box and went over him, just for laughs. For sequence breaking, I spammed and jumped off my own bullets by air dashing, used the charge beam as a moving platform for an extra jump, or clipped the charge beam with my head or jumped on it to break box gates above and below me that I shouldn’t have been able to. I also used a full run and left over jump after an up spam to launch out of the hole you spawn in from, just to see if I could. I got to the cat boss early by shooting a charge beam and pressing down to dash into it to keep me from hitting floating spikes and drop after the ground spikes. Took like 20-30 attempts but I didn’t see how else to get over there until I noticed the letters on the walls sorta taught me diagonal teleporting.
If you want to stop the clipping, try one of 2 things. 1, black blocks behind the walls that proximity kills bullets and teleporter before they clip through the main wall, or prevent shooting while facing a left or right wall you are in close proximity to. This way you can still clip one way gates.

How about the projectile having its teleporting disabled for a frame, so it cant be used like that.

Sequence breaking is something I want to keep the game from being linear if youre smart enough to do it.

Removed being able to phase through walls, but as a biproduct… not much

@“Mhx Ar” Im not really good at running frames. Could you help me out on that… the character doesnt look right while running

Also… Im out of ideas… should I make some Gravity- like puzzles (play my game Sam: Gravity and youll know what I am talking about) using the charge shot, because its otherwise a long range peashooter that fires slowly and is pretty much useless.

Hm… Yeah I might have time to do that. Upload the sprites for standing and movement to a zip folder and link me the dropbox download. The flowlab downloader gives me a sprite sheet, but I want the individual frames separated.

@“Mhx Ar” instead of taking the time to crop everything out I used a tool to do it for me… lolz

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2uix34nehx6t0k/sprites.zip?dl=0

Here are all of his frames to-date

Alright, I’ll see what I can do.

I was going to do the run animation first, but honestly I really didn’t like the walking animation. If you walk in real life, you stand on your one leg, and the other goes forward, not backward. You had both legs going out, then standing side by side. Never in walking do both legs touch the ground, so I gave it a 6 frame remake, and added proper leg switching, body movements, arm movements, and head bobbing as well to give a bit of life to the character. I set it as a 200ms delay, but you can of course make him walk faster if you desire. This pace just looked more natural for walking.

Your old walk vs my new walk

I’ll send you back a zip of the numbered frames when I finish the run animation sometime today. I’m off so I might catch up on lost sleep. I’ve been sick all week. As for what to do next, just expand the map, make the powerups a lot farther apart, create new enemy types, make some lava instead of just spikes, make larger and scarier bosses, make two alternating platforms that disable and alpha on a timer so you have to jump while they’re visible, make crumble blocks, have enemies pop out of holes in the walls or ground, put a rush timer to get to a key door across an area before it locks again, make enemies jump towards you instead of sitting still, put a limiter on missiles and have pickups that expand your stock, there’s so much you can do in a metroidvania type game. The puzzles would also fit in the game as well.

Thanks!
Hope you feel better @“Mhx Ar”

Also, I added in that walking animation. Thanks…

@“Mhx Ar” do you like that map thing?

@CrimsonBlackGames Yeah, very nice. I was actually just playing the game to see what you’ve changed. I noticed you altered the down dash which makes killing the cat much harder, but makes air glitching much more enjoyable. I also noticed you fixed most of the teleporter, but that doesn’t stop me from finding other ways to get outside the map lol. Good work.

I didnt alter the dash?

You didn’t? Before you removed run for the walk animation, I couldn’t dash in the air, I just booped over a bit to the side. Now I press down in the air and become a ball of electric and fly across the level.

It was already like that. Moving while dashing does that. But standing still or not moving while dashing launches you.