Crimson hunters...AGAIN!!

4B303557-3C68-480A-987A-1D91E205BD59

Finally a reason to have the charge shot in your inventory! Seriously…

The way it works, is that after hitting it with one, you get exactly 10 seconds to work with before it teleports you to it, meaning there are more puzzles to make- especially with one way Gates.

9191B1AE-0C75-4C42-AD81-E29352308F6C

@“Mhx Ar” is this what you were thinking of. Because I remember this from playing super metroid.

Because the size of the map, there will be very few targeting enemies… seriously.
This pipe is probably one of my better sprites.

I might make it look more aged and cracked…

That would work. Looks cool.

another thing, I may just make it to where instead of learning the individual keys, you can just click its icon on a hot bar, with the exception of the normal peashooter and charge shot…

@“Mhx Ar” got the teleporter posts working. There are 3 in the game so far… they look look as hell. Even better, you know how In Nintendo games such as Zelda when youd hit a switch, this clicking sound would play and get faster and faster until the switch was flipped back? Similar concept except it teleports you back

TRIED to make running a much smoother by using a motor instead of velocity, so using the speedboost works as intended even while moving, but @grazer now he wont move on the ground unless friction is absolutely at 0. So for now Drag is set to 50, which isnt as good because hes still slippery and cant jump as high anymore. Is this a bug?

Edit: for now, the game doesnt work as you cant move, unless you have something that chances your position such as the teleporter, or the boost, or unless you want to jump to move.
Apparently 1.0 works, but hes still crazy slippery. Havent tried anything else

@“Mhx Ar” the new running works by checking your speed, and making sure it doesnt exceed 6 (12 while sprinting.)

When it does, a switch that allows the values to go into the motor shuts off- until the speed goes back down to 6- which is very quick. This way you can pretty much walk under that speed by just constantly tapping…

This also makes the speed boost go insanely fast

@“Mhx Ar” now the teleporter projectile overrides the players scrolling, so you see the projectile, and can steer it even when it would normally be offscreen

" I got those 1 way gates to work 100%

@CrimsonBlackGames no more getting stuck?

@“Mhx Ar” the problem was is that when you pass through, you Technically become above it, so I used an expression to make sure you pass through enough to where the engine resolves it. So yes… no more getting stuck B)

Nice. I was using a position with mine, so if you got stuck, any movement or button press would boot you out by clipping, but it looked bad. I’ll have to try yours out now that you fixed it.

Updated the map to introduce the new teleporter post mechanic.

Youll see it in the starting point, but now the left door is an one way gate, In the charge beam room, theres an opening at the same level, with spikes on the bottom of it.

So for someone like me that has already unlocked everything, will the game be buggy since you updated the behaviors?

Let’s say I had a game that saved run upgrade to speed 8, but in the new update, I slowed it to 6, but I already got the power up and can’t reset. I concepted an update filter. Let’s say if the update is version 2.1.3 the number is 213, and your game was saved for 2.0.4 204, the filter would pass for less than set new number, and wipe or update the old data.

I update with all those possibilities in mind, and only update according to how flexible I know it is, so if I know two things are going to clash, I make a workaround or something similar.

I might look into a version check though

What I would do is… 6/8 is X

The current upgrade for something would be Multiplied by X (assuming its a decimal) and utilize that to balance it…

@CrimsonBlackGames
@grazer
This is like the 4th or 5th time this month someone has complained about this bug. This 100% confirms it now, and I wasn’t just imagining things. Remember the thread that needed help with enemies that follow by proximity, but the wrong ones move? I said “It looks like clones trigger each other”, and CBG, you said it was just the editor and I chose to ignore it out of doubt. Then I personally witnessed clicking a turkey killing a different turkey. I tried again with menu buttons and they click each other. Now you are having an issue with clones acting from each other. I had this issue with black holes in Vortex, and homing attacks in Shifter Logic Test. All this time I thought proximity was the cause of these problems. Clones are sharing data and the wrong ones are using it. This is 100% a clone and emitted clone bug, not a proximity bug. Adding to the list.

The first post:
I tried making something similar to proximity, but its not working right.

Take a look at the Turret

It works just fine in the test level, but not in-game…

Edit: ok so, apparently: it does trigger… but the wrong turret fires… I dont know why, and more I really dont know how…
@grazer @Mhx Ar is that a bug?

Ok, so I have three turrets in the test level, each one cloned after the one under it.

The bottom one triggers the top one, the middle one triggers the bottom, while the top triggers the middle.

Ummmmmm I dont know how to fix this…

…interesting… Ive never come across this myself, except for just now…

I wonder if theres a workaround… I doubt it.

Anyway, I thought it had to do with switches not displaying accurately because multiple objects may have it differently, and the playback mode shows all inputs across all objects, regardless of if it visually made sense. I guess that fooled me -_-

Anyway, so its not just proximity, thats what made me avoid using it (aside from it causing the most lag.)

That proximity-mock rig fell victim to it as well… that sucks.