CUBED update and comment log

@cthornock You’re the one ripping him off. Almost everything you’ve made in that game he made first. The levels are insanely similar.

I’m not saying that you can’t take things from other people’s games and putting your own spin on it. I’m saying you can’t take things from other people’s games and claiming you made it first.

There’s nothing wrong with taking ideas, inspiration, or strait up coping something from another game so long as its small, a lot of the mechanics and original inspiration for Gravity Hop came from castle jump by @“Creeper Bones”. Also its possible that @cthornock didn’t know that cubed already existed when he built his version. The idea of a blocky black and white platformer is general enough that they could have both thought of the same thing. I’d like to hope that @cthornock didn’t intentional rip of a game and try to sell it as having come first.

Look, I don’t want to spark any controversy. @cthornock I checked out block run and if you intentionally ripped off CUBED then I’m a bit shocked but at the same time I’m very flattered. Nevertheless I would appreciate it if you would take down your game. Thank you.

Also thank you so much @grazer! I hope to work on a full version once I can scrape up enough money for anything but the free version XD. I’m so glad that you guys have given me so much support and hope that this little project will lead to a career one day.

Announcment: CUBED might be a little buggy for the next week or two. I’m currently working on 10 NEW LEVELS for the game! I’ll be giving more information about them in the upcoming week or whenever the levels are ready so be on the lookout for the announcment. If this update goes well I’ll be working on giving CUBED at least 40 levels. We’ll see…

Good luck @Greggo , a very excellent game!

Tomorrow a big update is coming…

Big Update: I’ve added 10 NEW LEVES! Just go into a level as usual then press 1 or 2 to enter phase 1 or 2. I’ve also fiixed a bunch of bugs and glitches regarding the checkpoint and bouncy block (the one with the minus symbol). AND I also made it so that the harder the level the darker the background. Enjoy!

Hey Greggo! Its been a while! (I’m CaptainRedCrab with a new name) Your game is going great and I look forward to what is in store. See ya!

Hey @“Funzonette Studios”! It’s been awhile. I’m glad you like the game so far and I can’t wait for you to see what I have planned!

Small Update: So I added a death counter to further emphasize that this game can get pretty frustrating. Anyways have a nice day.

I like the counter - strangely enough it’s kind of nice to see how badly I’m playing. It also makes the game feel a tiny bit more polished.

Small Update: I made it so that when you press space you cycle through the different skins instead of it just picking a random one.

GREGGOOOOOO I JUST GOT BACK I REMEMBER U

awkward silence

What’sup @meburningslime how do you like the game so far!

@Greggo Not going to lie, the game is really sick! I like the basic style and the game play. Its really fun and I love it every time I play it.

Keep on creating

@ShadowAxeKid

@ShadowAxeKid you don’t realize how much that means to me :smiley:! I’m really proud of how CUBED is so far and hope to polish it a bit more. Hopefully one day I’ll get it to a site like Kongregate or Itch. Thanks for the support!

Small updates fixing bugs and what not are on the way

@Greggo love it still

@praisetheyuppee so for that you have to press 1 or 2 to go to the first or second level.