Dark Ninja - Galactic Games [SCRAPPED SOUNDTRACKS]

Very poetic

2 Likes

Very dark
And very ninia

1 Like

The story is somewhat dark, so you kind of got it right… (although I won’t say the story just yet, only in future art reveals)

Also you said Ninia, not Ninja. XD

2 Likes

Very spanish
And very grammish

1 Like

Happy Valentines Day, folks! This year is a weird one because we are still in quarantine…

But regardless, I am showing off the second and final Zone of the World Map!

(In order of level continuity) Steaming Springs > Laughing Lake (weird name but okay) > Clockwork Canyon > Silver Sea, Monster Mansion > Mount Magma > and the Dungeon of Death (Dungeon of Death is an optional level and does not need to be cleared)

Again, the path forward is never a straight line, which is why, once again, the path looks like a curved line.

And to anybody curious: no, unlike the monster classes, I will not talk much about each individual level, except that I might post screenshots of the player moving throughout the level. Although I will say that each level has different modes. Every level will get one mode where the player must reach the goal, and every level will get one boss mode. The boss must be defeated in order for the player to move on to the next level. The only exception to that rule is the Cavern of Chaos and the Dungeon of Death, which are optional, but not required to complete the game.

6 Likes

Enemy Class “Wraith” Reveal

I know, I know. I said I would do this Monday, but I kinda took a big break this weekend. Sorry about that. >.<"

@spencertheball, @ManiacPumpkin, @Caden9, and @MrMcMemerMan all voted for this class.

What is a Wraith?

Wraiths also have a rather specific definition: it’s a ghost. Although the difference between a ghost and a wraith is that wraiths are typically people who just died recently.
In most pop culture, wraiths are depicted to be especially unfriendly ghosts. While some ghosts can be nice, wraiths are almost never good guys.

In Dark Ninja, Wraiths appear gray/grey with blue highlights throughout their bodies. They can be resurrected as long as there are Reapers or other Wraiths nearby. The resurrection takes about 30 seconds to be completed, so if you defeat all Wraiths and Reapers in the area, the Wraiths will be gone for good. Wraith ranged attacks automatically home in onto the player, dealing small amounts of rapid fire damage. That said, Wraiths are a bit cowardly: they will run away from the player if they get too close. The only exception is the Wendigo, as they will run towards the player like most other enemies.

3 Likes

The final Enemy Reveal comment is here! I decided to post it earlier than Saturday, because I probably won’t be around on Saturday.

Enemy Class “Banshee” Reveal

Only @browngr voted for this class. Seems like people were more interested in the other classes.

What is a Banshee?

According to Irish Folklore, banshees are female spirits who can detect and predict death, and will often be heard crying and wailing when such an event happens. It might be annoying, or even scary, to just hear someone start screaming in the middle of the night, but keep in mind that banshees are just doing that to warn others that someone died, or is about to die.
In Greek Mythology, banshees are similar to another creature called Sirens. Sirens are mermaid-like creatures that sing songs when a ship passes by them. Any male sailors will get attracted to the songs and attempt to swim to the Siren. Once the sailor is close enough, the Siren will attack and devour the sailor. The only way to resist their calls is if you plugged your ears, or do what Odysseus did and have your crew tie you down to the ship’s mast to prevent you from escaping.
In pop culture, banshees tend to be ghosts that emit loud shrieking sounds, sometimes at random. These sounds can be used to communicate with other banshees… or to incapacitate their victims. Just know that when you come across a banshee, brace yourself for a sore eardrum.

Banshees in Dark Ninja have a cyan color. They are one of the most varied enemies in the entire game, so their style changes drastically. For example, one type of Banshee enemy can disguise themselves as an Oni, then deliver a devastating attack on the player if they come too close. Another type of Banshee enemy may enhance the attack power of other enemies. Yet another Banshee type of enemy even calls on more Banshees to arrive, which means that one Banshee can turn into many more.
Every Banshee enemy is so different from one another, that you may forget that they are related. Banshees do have one thing in common though: they have one of the most impressive support abilities in the game. They will often heal or give special buffs to other enemies, and they can do it while they are attacking. This isn’t like other enemies, who need to stop in order to deliver support.

And with that, we are done with the Enemy Reveals. The only time you will hear me going into depth about the enemies is if I ever decide to change their behaviors, or if someone asks a question about them. Future comments from me about the game will show the following:

1. Art Reveals (a concept art reveal is planned in the near future)
  2. Gameplay Screenshots (will not show too much)
  3. Item/Powerup Reveals (still need to do those)
  4. Behind-the-scenes

Have a good day, everyone!

2 Likes

Aaaaa what did u do to ur face?!

1 Like

It’s a secret… :shushing_face:

1 Like

NOW I’M GONNA HAVE TO REDO MY TACTlCAL NUKE
:rofl:

1 Like

At least keep the old one though: this isn’t a permanent change. :slight_smile:

Idk where the old one went lol

Oh… Don’t you have it in some of the PMs?

I’ve been looking for it lol

Found it.

2 Likes

Image result for pokemon fire stone
You used the fire stone on GalaxianGames.
GalaxianGames is evloving!

3 Likes

So if anyone is curious about why I am revealing so much information, this is because I am planning on opening a demo for the game maybe on Summer. It depends on how far I go. I plan on releasing the demo when:

• Three out of six heroes are playable (technically there are seven, but two of them count as one hero)
  • The Oni and Demon classes are completed
  • The first and second levels are completed
  • Two out of five items/powerups are created
  • There is a way for players to heal

Now, the three out of the six heroes that I want to make playable first are going to appear in a concept art that I am working on, and going to reveal once finished.

The demo will be posted in a separate discussion and be opened for one week, before being taken down and closed from the public. Again, it is possible that this demo might appear this Summer, but given how busy I am recently with other things (like school), I cannot guarantee it. It may come earlier, it may come later.

3 Likes

Wow, I last commented on this discussion two weeks ago! And I pretty much disappeared ever since. Meanwhile in the Pixel Sports Devlog, nothing has been said since January 16th!

I think you all should expect this slow activity. I have just got homework after homework after homework, and I haven’t been able to do much else… Regardless, I am still looking around the forums. I just won’t be saying much. If I do say something, it is because I am free.

Anyways, the real reason why I am dropping by is because I am having a bit of a dilemma here. I am not sure which boss music should play during boss fights. Even though I have been busy recently, I still managed to set aside lots of soundtracks, most of which are boss fight music. Here are my three most favorite ones:

• Music 1 - This boss music can be fast paced at certain parts, but can be slow on others. This was originally used during the finale of every stage gamemode, but I decided to recategorize it as a boss music.
  • Music 2 - Still rather incomplete. Not much to say about it, really…
  • Music 3 - If you have played Pixel Sports, then you may have heard the soundtrack Big Bad Battle. This soundtrack plays during the Daily Boss. This soundtrack is a remastered version of Big Bad Battle. I have always been disappointed in the original soundtrack, and I believe this one sounds way better.

So the question that I have for you guys is…

Which music option should be used in the game?

• Music 1
  • Music 2
  • Music 3

0 voters

Any suggestions and feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you, and I apologize for my unintended absence!

3 Likes

For the folks who have not yet made their vote, this is your last chance! 19 hours and the polls will close. So far, Music Option 3 is in the lead.

You may think that what I am asking for in this poll may sound strange, but everyone has a different taste in music, so I just wanted to ask everyone which one sounded the best.

2 Likes

@MetaNinja how about you give us the link to the game and then we make our
own music that we think gos best with the theme and then you pick the one that sounds
the best to you