šŸ•¹ļø DarkStar Studios Forum šŸ•¹ļø

Mankind on Earth was threatened with extinction, so it expanded to other planets to make itself invincible. This only brought more perils of itā€™s own.
You see, human greed is the worst violator of all. As planets were colonized, new governments arose. New powers were formed. New technologies were developed. But the same threat always loomed.
Neptune arose as the power of the century. Itā€™s roiling oceans allowed for hydropower on a scale never before seen, allowing the planetā€™s factories and agriculture to thrive.
Over the years, decadence fattened the once hardy people of Neptune. They became content with little responsibility, giving it away for pleasure. They became obsessed with war, having no purpose, and thus, no peace.
The government used this newfound power to expand its empire. The people were ecstatic, unaware of war and itā€™s toils. Unaware of itā€™s true cost.
One by one, the planets fell. Uranus. Saturn. Jupiterā€™s Moons. Finally, little Mars stood in the face of the Neptunian Dread Force 9, a deadly fleet of destroyers and frigates, specialized in heavy planetary assaults.
But Mars was not alone.
Mercury had boomed in the last century. Itā€™s solar power was on par with Neptuneā€™s hydropower. It was very much Neptuneā€™s equal. Mercuryā€™s 11th Shield Fleet was deployed to Mars to help stop the oncoming war tide in itā€™s tracks.
Even as the 11th was entering Marā€™s atmosphere, Neptune detonated itā€™s megaton bombs planted in Mercuryā€™s core. The planet was ash within an hour.
The 11th became the 4th Martian Vanguard, and pledged to help fight for Mars against the Neptunians.
As old as Mars colonization was, the planet was not a powerful one. It had no natural water, and little power supply. It was, as Oldspeak would have it, a sitting duck.
But, for all its flaws, Mars was a clever planet. It deployed operation Depth Charge. It was a human enhancement program, designed to increase focus, reflex, and learning abilities. One hundred of these super humans were made. Known as Aces, they manned single-seat fighters and were skilled enough to destroy entire enemy formations alone.
Their creation was a turning point in the war. After they defeated the Dread Force 9 on Mars, the Solar System saw the use of the Aces, and their effectiveness.
The Martian Space Force continued to route Neptunian forces until their eventual victory over Neptune itself one year later.
The war was over, and it had taken a heavy toll on the Aces. Just 14 remained afterwards.
Mars made a second generation of Aces, named Bug Eyeā€™s, who specialized in reconnaissance and scouting missions. These would be used until there devastation 20 years laterā€¦

-Ace Vanguard, History of the First Solar War.

3 Likes

img_asset_12346775(2) Screenshot (23) Screenshot (25)
Made for Winter Flowjam 2022

Itā€™s done and ready to be played! I hope you like it!

P.S. If you have any questions on why that last weapon seems to avoid you at every turn, Iā€™m your guy.

3 Likes

Game Annoucement: Castle

Send troops at your enemies and Destroy Them!!! in this new strategy game. Good Luck, Commander!

3 Likes

Awesome! Also I really enjoyed Merlinā€™s Forge, good job on that!

2 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like

Tutorial and music would be well appreciated, neat concept and love the art :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gotcha. The music works now (bug caused it not to play), and Iā€™ll see what I can do with the tutorial.

1 Like

The game runs kinda slow, ngl :frowning:
Not saying because of lag, just that the combat runs really slow + lack of characters

2 Likes

I would buy upgrades to combat this. Try sending a Mec or 2, or maybe increasing money output to give yourself an edge.

2 Likes

I :heartpulse: temple game!!
lllleeeEEEEEeeeetttTTTTTtttttttsss ggggooooo0000000OOOOOO000000ooooooo!
aciivatte memer mode

1 Like

Just played Sky Bound and its so fun. Great story, one of the best Iā€™ve seen on Flowlab.

2 Likes

Waitā€¦ How? I havenā€™t released it yet.

3 Likes

Im wondering that as well :thinking:

2 Likes

how do you ā€œnot releaseā€ a game Iā€™ve been wondering this for a while now

2 Likes

Basically, you enable this.

4 Likes

You posted the game Castle and at the bottom of the page it said ā€œProject cloned from Sky Boundā€.

2 Likes

That makes sense. I still have a few cutscenes to make (all of them) and Iā€™ll release that one as well.

3 Likes

I canā€™t believe Iā€™ve never seen this thread, this all looks great!

3 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it!

3 Likes

Edit: sorry wrong image

1 Like