Discussing the State of Off Topic Channels

Erik on Twitter

1 Like

cya, i was never here

Or you are always here…

both… :expressionless:

anyways, if it will make you happy @Browngr i can DM these off topic peeps, and get their Gmail to create a gfroup

1 Like

I agree with this but the main thing, @browngr, is that we have the First Amendment, which truly holds precedence over all of our opinions. Also, there are worse things than a spam chat. Being homeless is a good example of a worse thing.

1 Like

See, that’s what I’m talking about! It could help a lot in that case; but if it becomes a problem for anyone else, it’s fine. Again, not hurting anyone, just doesn’t fit here is all.

if you would like to be part of the off-topic channel Hangout on gmail, say so

Are you pulling the First Admendment card on me? You’re blowing this problem out of the water by a loooooong shot my friend

1 Like

And you are by making it a problem, @browngr. This is an example of making a mountain out of a molehill and it is unnecessary. There is nothing wrong with complaining about it, and there is also nothing wrong with having a good laugh every now and then (I, like most people, enjoy memes and random nonsense).

This isn’t an attack, but i feel that things must be said (or maybe I’ve been cooped up to long)

@browngr why give our numbers to talk when we can do it here? Where theres already a place to speak. Its not hurting anyone by getting an off topic channel, and I know its a game development forum but thats not all it is. Your aloud to have your own opinion but then so are we. Theres no need to get so hot headed over this, if you dont wanna keep hearing about it then dont listen.

1 Like

You’re failing to understand that this isn’t the place for it, though. Take this as a business meeting. Would it be mature to go on your phone and just start laughing at memes during that meeting? No. Just move this elsewhere - that’s all.

Yet Slime, your ‘leader’ calls me a rager and tells me to do it somewhere else. Very mature and not-at-all biased standpoint here, guys. If I’m aloud to have my own opinion, likewise how you are, then why do you have a problem with it? Just stop acknowledging me and I’ll stop acknowledging you, if that’s the way you want it to be.

The hypocrisy here is insane, man

1 Like

I’m not at a business meeting: I am in a game development forum where I can ask for advice and recieve it (as long as that isn’t hindered by the off-topic channel, there isn’t anything wrong with it)

It’s called an example…?

If stating an opinion isn’t hurting anyone. Then I don’t think memes should either. Which I’m kinda half and half on this. I do think there should be some sort of off topic channel for those who want to just talk about non flowlab stuff. Which most users are probably children under the age of 18 and probably don’t have access to much social media. But then again it does tend to get a bit annoying when multiple discussions are made about off topic and everything’s starts to get messy. In my opinion it’s kinda childish arguing over something so little. Which in my case each side has a right to agree and disagree.
The main reason the off topic channel was created was for people to make friends with one another, send memes, and maybe brighten someone’s day. Which I know it doesn’t relate to flowlab at all, but giving everyone a good attitude can probably help decrease the risk of negative actions and maybe even boost motivation for games. But I can see where some people don’t think it belongs in the forums and I respect that opinion very much. But I think we should stick to one off topic discussion and keep all memes there instead of posting them on different discussions that don’t involve that.

2 Likes

It is not an accurate one, @browngr. Again, you are seeing hostility where there is one. I, like you have already acknowledged, am a friend

1 Like

I don’t know how many times I’ll repeat this - it’s not hurting anyone. I know this, and have made it abundantly clear. However, it’s not the place for it. Again, move this to an email, or DM each other with your numbers. That’s all it takes to keep this place clean.

1 Like

I agree with maniacpumpkin that memes should not be where they don’t belong, like in a business meeting or someone else’s game log, but that is why we have the flag function (for the forums anyway).

1 Like

True that

1 Like