Dungeon Defenders Inspired game

@The_KWASM @ManiacPumpkin I have done the rogue class! Both male and female have been added! Gonna put full update in my CSGS Update Forum

1 Like

I hope you and the Devs have a great time working on it, I’ve never heard of dungeon defenders so it will be great!

4 Likes

Thanks (THANKSTHANKS)

1 Like

@The_KWASM I have done the rogue class now and have about 2 others to do, but before I move onto that the new “knife thrower” enemy I was thinking should be changed.

I was thinking maybe to an evil Orc Mage or something or possibly a shadow wraith. Also we should add in goblin contraptions as well.

2 Likes

welp back from my break

2 Likes

Hello There @GGSTUDIOS ! Make sure to check out the game and The Official new Crossed Sword Games Announcement Forum for more information on the updates!

The Game:

The Forum:

1 Like

Awesome keep up thy great work!

1 Like

Thanks, working on it a lot. On the CSGS Forum (Crossed Sword Games Forum Above) and this one you can see a kind of dev log.

1 Like

Here’s some things i’ve done.
-Create the Object thrower, and almost finished it for the Knife Thrower.
-Added the Knife to damages, and the Knife thrower.
-Made the Current defences only active for the Paladin, So we can create more variety in character types.
-Changed Enemy UI to match their name.
Working on
-Click to shoot character projectiles
-More defences
-Finish Knife Thrower.

2 Likes

@The_KWASM This all sounds really great, and an amazing development to the game, but,

1. Did you see the comment about the knife thrower? I did say we should probably make it another monster type since it may seem to basic or not very unique.

2. Also I said we should not limit certain classes to certain defences. This seems too difficult and may be too similar to Dungeon Defenders. Instead everyone has the same defences and unlocks more over time (which can replace others).

Good work overall though, taking a quick look now and a more detailed one later!

Well I just made the basic code for the knife thrower, or just projectiles, so it can be changed to full extent.
And I know it will seem like dungeon defenders, but something like this is featured in many games, and as the character types are basically just echoes of each other, the different towers for each would give a significant reason to choose which one you want. Also either way we do them, it will seem like a different game, IE- Dungeon defenders for varied, and Kingdom Rush for interchangeable.

2 Likes

Things that would help to be done-
-Animations and Sprites for the Knife Thrower.
-A fix to the new towers I’m creating so they actually work properly.
-Fixing the materials, so that they don’t stay the same after purchase.
-A new sprite for the Enemy barrier.
-Valkyrie Class

-Added projectile targeting to point towards the mouse if it’s moving.

Did everyone give up on this?
I’m willing to continue, but i’d need the insight of how to manage the resources.

1 Like

@The_KWASM No, I certianly have not, I’ve just been working on other games for now as I over-worked on this for a while. I’m doing the flowjam now and have been working on a Combat Car Adventures Reboot, but trust me this game is not stopped.

(P. S I’m not throwing shade but before - besides maniac pumpkins wall help - I was the only one other than you doing stuff, so because I stopped no one besides you continued)

2 Likes

Indeed, wish we had a larger team

1 Like

Can I try and fix the Resources, it’s very jumbled, and needs to be cleaned up, I’ll do it, but I might mess it up. So if you want to, tell me first.

@The_KWASM Well first what do you mean, what’s the main problem?

Nothing is being counted, so the materials are infinite if you have the base amount. and the UI is jumbled in the materials and resources group.

1 Like

@The_KWASM I’m not sure why, everything worked fine the last I played. Be free to tinker all you like, its usually the filters that cause the problem.