đź”· Envoy - OUT NOW on steam and itch.io!

Hey y’all! Just wanted to announce on the forums (since I mainly speak on discord lol) that me and @logan_K1 are making a game for the five elements jam! We’re only gonna publically announce it near the end, but I just wanted to put that out there. We are hard at work as we speak! :slight_smile:

EDIT: envoy is now available to play!

In Envoy, you are a cargo spaceship created by a mysterious monolith, and your goal is to deliver “force crystals” back to it. However, as you attempt this feat, local authorities will try to stop you and they will escalate over time. Why are they trying to stop you? There isn’t any time to explain. Now go!!

Envoy features a bunch of things that me and logan haven’t tried before such as spritestacking, voice acting, and diamond shaped UI. I am very happy with the result and we are super happy with what we made!!

You can play envoy right here!

10 Likes

some tiny UI sneak peeks!

image (19)

5 Likes

sick bro

2 Likes

Thanks for making a Dev Log, @sup3r87! Now I can guarantee that I’ll lose.

2 Likes

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

1 Like

nooooo! keep working on your project; I love to see people’s submissions and I enjoy playing them every jam!!

4 Likes

I didn’t say I was going to quit, I just stated that I’ll lose.

Mine’s not very good.

I love to see people’s submissions and I enjoy playing them every jam!!

sup bro do you think you can play my game with out your comuter crashing?

1 Like

@JUSTPLAINOP It is only day three. Most people’s games are in rough shape so keep working on yours!

@sup3r87, you got me excited for your game now lol

3 Likes

do you think you can play my game with out your comuter crashing?

WORK
WORK
WORK

(Apologies for using all-capitals but I felt the need to imply that I needed to WORK on the game. I will not stop.)

IT’S ALREADY DAY THREE?! O geez, I need to hurry. Only 11 days left!

1 Like

Bro got showed some UI art and shutdown lol

3 Likes

Precisely.

I need to make the rest of the animations. I need to make level 1! I need to polish EVERYTHING. I need to stop freaking out. I need to code the enemy…

Excusessss. I have a job too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi - I just came back from work lol

Also, @sup3r87 nearly spoiling us with these updates, man. This clearly means its gonna be a space game (previously not confirmed information)

5 Likes

???

7 Likes

Hey y’all! Since we’re at the halfway point, I would like to do a sneakier of a peek than usual just for today.

Our game is going to be called “Envoy”, and yes, it is a space game lmao. While I won’t share much, here’s one of dozens of cool animations you’ll be seeing in our project :slight_smile: .
https://imgur.com/a/FjU6ThU
(gifs are not authorized on this forum sadly)

You can expect a lot of avenues we haven’t explored in this game!! get ready.

6 Likes

you can do gifs if you compress them to less than 4 mb
but it’ll look not great

3 Likes

Probably not the best text to just openly post on here, considering students and teachers also share the forums as well.

3 Likes

…yeah, I forgot about that lol. the discord has an age limit, but not the forums. Thanks for reminding me :slight_smile:

5 Likes