Flowjam 2021 Official Announcement! 📢

indie users always have an advantage. :triumph:

but i understand i should have faith in myself.

I just realized something super important (at least for me) Flowlab is really great for making games of just about any genre, but I noticed that it works better if it were a mini game Such as Pixel Pizzas “Tonight”. There isn’t much to the game, but the never ending playability to it makes it so unique and enjoyable, of course giving him the win. So whatever the theme is, imma try my best to make some sort of minigame based around the theme, plus my iPad tends to load in those type of games over huge story based games instead. (So please grazer, I hope the theme can be easily made into a sweet minigame)

5 Likes

I’m afraid I won’t be participating in flowjam this year, but I’m looking forward to the amazing games made by all of you! Best of luck…and may the force be with you

-Mr. Ramshackle
7 Likes

can i enter with galaxy blast as my game?
im still working on it.

Sadly no wither. You must start and finish your game at a given time, and it must fit the theme (not yet announced)

1 Like

i wish i had more time to learn how to use flowlab, but i can’t do that in four days and be ready to start making a game, however, maybe next year i can enter in. that would be fun.

2 Likes

I think flowjam are every 6 months, a winter and a summer. Summer starts in july and winters are in january. So if you wait a year, you might skip two jams, lol.

2 Likes

well, even more time to practice then. Lol.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s been a jam with the theme “rhythm” or “music” (or related). Still waiting on one of those so I can finally make a rhythm game lmao. I’ll be happy with almost any theme though, can’t wait to see what everyone creates!

2 Likes

@Captain_Stache - participating in a game jam like this is probably the best way to ramp up your skills. There will be lots of folks hanging out in the discord channel discussing each others progress and helping each other out. I really think it’s worth entering - just try and keep the game small so you can finish it.

@spencertheball - the winner of the first Flowjam was a music/rhythm game :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What was it called I want to check it out, if you could please link it if thats ok!

It was called “Tonight” By PixelPizza:

1 Like

i would if i could, but i only have a school Chromebook and discord is blocked as well as lots of highschool classes to focus on, so maybe next year when i have more free time.

1 Like

I think life is the largest thing that prevents you from doing stuff you want to do. I completely understand that.

that literally the same thing with me @Captain_Stache word for word.

1 Like

brother? is it you? have we found each other once again?

1 Like

xD yep.

1 Like

Hey @grazer does that mean the jam starts at midnight cause if it does then yes because I’m going to get the biggest head-start ever since that is when i start my late night grinding

If you check the Flowjam page; you’ll see that it starts at 8:00 PM PST (11:30 PM EST)