Flowlab FNAF

It’s not much of a big deal, just summer stress got me :stuck_out_tongue:

After three nights of standard gameplay, I’ve decided to recreate the old version of FNAF: Flowlab, but with better graphics, animations and mechanics!

This new mode will consist of sneaking through rooms, rebooting downed systems, and fixing broken materials; just like FNAF SL. In addition to that, a new animatronic has been created, which looks more “Bear-y” than the original Bloodbear.
bloody badbear

Breaker room Hallway - Mechanics:
You will be required to reach the Breaker Room by crossing the hallways… but with two animatronics in the same place.

Press UP to walk forward. Press R while walking to run. Running will get you to the exit faster, but it will also attract the animatronics.
Press DOWN to look backward. Looking backward will give you a sense of where Bloodbear is, and he may slink backwards a little every time you look. Looking back too many times more than needed will cause him to kill you, but letting him get too close will also result in a game over.
If you hear unusual static, don’t move. The Bear animatronic will pass by your view from left to right before either walking away or killing you. Release all keyboards immediately as soon as you hear his disruption to avoid his jumpscare.

http://flowlab.io/game/play/717879 (“Night 4” level in the game editor)

Also @grazer, keyboards seem to make the game lag much more than when Mouseclick is used. I’ve tried numerous times before to implement it on Nights 1-3 to improve the gameplay, but it kept making the level lag. Is there something in the “Keyboard” behavior that makes the game lag more than Mouseclick, and is there any way to fix it?

And does this level lag to anyone else? My laptop always glitches out on these parts:

-When walking/running, the hallway animation needs to be smooth, and it should be going up and down a little.
-When a jumpscare activates, you should immediately face forward if you were looking back, and the jumpscare should have multiple frames. This part lags too much for me
-The door at the far end of the hallway should be getting bigger with no more lag than the one caused by the original “size” behavior capacity.
-Partway through the game, the lights should flicker on and off with the ease behavior. It should be rather smooth.

I’m having trouble with all of these parts of the level, which is pretty frustrating because I want to see how it’s like without all the lag :frowning:

Does it lag if you play in /embed?

Oh, playing in embed makes the game lag a lot less! Thanks
It’s harder to edit something after every play test though

Night 4 is halfway finished!

I’ve decided to leave the office concept as it is and restarted working on (mostly) free roam, just like- FNAF SL.

You will start in a new and improved elevator. You can press buttons and keypads to make sounds, look at the fan spinning around, and listen to my voice acting (altered with voicechanger). It provides a more authentic experience than the crappy one I’ve made before.

Then you will be required to go through a hallway, where Bloodbear and another new animatronic is out to kill you. hallfox I will be giving somewhat vague instructions through my voice, but it’ll work out just fine.
bbjump
elevator
Of course, there will be more tasks after you successfully pass the hallway, but that part isn’t developed yet.

I think you turned your game to possible to impossible and not exactly possible to beat.

Hey @grazer , many jumpscare animation frames in this game seem to be deleting themselves and are replaced by white or green screens. This happened twice already with the object “Bunjump”, and I can’t remake the animations again without starting all over AGAIN. Any chance you can bring them back to stay?

I hope you’ve seen this @grazer :frowning:

I wonder if you ran out of room. Animations are stored basically on a sheet of paper. If you have small animations, you can fit a lot more frames. Huge animations take up almost all the paper very quickly. Anything off the page won’t load right.

@Luminous Thats an oooooold bug, I experienced this many years ago and even semi-recently, have no idea why it happens. Just like you said white or green.

Aw… so I have to make the whole thing over again using a different object?

That’s a bummer… ):

New update: I finished the breaker room gameplay, and another Parts & Service minigame afterwards!
breakerroom
Breaker room: Your job is to reboot five offline systems inside the building, by clicking and holding the buttons that correspond to each system. Similar to the FNAF: SL breaker room gameplay, attempting to reboot the systems will agitate a nearby animatronic (Slaughter, in this case) and it’ll attack if you neglect him for too long. Your job is to reboot all 5 systems in 200 seconds while keeping Slaughter at bay.
,parts
Parts and Service: (only a part of the room has been shown)
Parts and Service is a wide room, which you can navigate using A and D. To the left is a phantom Foxy which will attack if your light is not shone on him frequently, and to the right is a monitor which you can track the real Foxy’s movements. There are blind spots in the cameras which Foxy may hide in, which makes your job more difficult. Failure to turn off the flashlight when he’'s closeby will result in you getting killed. (There’s blood on the walls along with people hanging from the ceiling, so… not intended for younger audiences)
You also have door lights to help track Foxy down. Survive for 4 “hours”, which lasts 8 real life minutes.

#Flowlabgamesattherebest

Awesome work! I’m almost astonished that this was made on Flowlab!

Just keep working

How did you make the cameras? plz help

They haven’t posted much in a while :anguished: This is a great game, though! Very nice work in this @Luminous ! And I hope you get the help you need @gwhite7871 , because I don’t know.

Hey, Luminous

Say would you be able to provide gameplay of this?
I really want someone to play through it to see how the game works
And yes, I don’t want to try this myself, gives me the creeps

Damn this forum hasn’t been posted in years lol

Hey, I’m a huge fan of FNAF and this game in general! If you’d like me to help out, I’d be happy to. (=