đŸ”„ Flowlab Social Media - Flowjam 2025!

same here bro

1 Like

Also Grazer actually updated the the process so it’s easier to export to Itch.


First click the “Share” button (the purple arrow)


Then this should pop up, you’ll see a “Download” button, click that and download the file. You’ll name the file, so I’m just gonna label it GoF HTML. Also keep a note that the game is 1024x576 pixels.


Next open up Itch and go to your profile (if you don’t have one, you’ll need to create one. It’s very easy to do, just the same as a Flowlab account basically). Click the "Dashboard’ Button on the top left.


Now you’ll be taken here, click the red “Create New Project” button


See the option outlined, it will by default be set to “Download.” Change it to “HTML”
Here you can also upload a thumbnail, screenshot, description, tags, etc.


Scroll down and click “Upload Files.” Then search for the game file you just downloaded, and add it.


Once it’s added, make sure to click “This file will be played in the browser”


Then, scroll down a little more and enter in those game dimensions from earlier when you were exporting the game (1024x576 in this case)

@DWGAMEMASTER @JUSTPLAINOP
Hope this helps

8 Likes

Wow, thanks so much Alpaca! This helps bunch.

I probably should’ve asked this on the OTC, sorry for clogging your topic, Samuel.

3 Likes

Thank you, this is way easier!

3 Likes

No worries yall can chat all you want about these videos, and thanks again @CodeAlpaca super helpful :crown: :pray:

4 Likes

Not gonna be doing this (maybe) because I can’t come up with a half-decent idea for the game jam, what I came up with is like a manual tycoon, you mine, and bring back grass and dirt to be sold, upgrading your pickaxe, and mining more at once. I cannot do well as it would look bad, have too many bugs, and be a poopy idea in general.

So, I’m throwing in the towel and gonna work on a personal project. Good luck to everyone! Really excited to see who wins!

2 Likes

I haven’t mentioned it on the forums yet, but I will be yet again doing a “playing your games” stream after the jam!

This livestream will take place on July 23, 1:00PM US Central time. There is no stopping time, instead I aim to play as many viewer suggested games as possible in up to 4hrs and 30mins.

These streams are always super fun and I look forward to airing another one :slight_smile: . See you then!

11 Likes

Is there a way to make the project on Itch not downloadable to others?

3 Likes

Yes, just check the box that says “this file will be played in browser”

3 Likes

Have you watched the latest video highlighting the newest Flowlab Update? :eyes:

New Flowlab Update!

Version “Fig” is here and brings a lot of cool stuff! :pear::camera_with_flash:

You can watch the new videos below :blush:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/C9nIELTp_L5/

TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@flowlab.io/video/7393387563102260511

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/HJrkIzwd8C0

Flowlab No Code Game Engine - Make a Game with no code

And it’s on Twitter: https://twitter.com/flowlabio/status/1814333569072054390

Flowlab No Code Game Engine - Make a Game with no code

4 Likes

Literally scrapped hours of work of JR01 with his cam rotation.

I love it.

1 Like

Does flowlab work with no internet?
Asking for a friend.

1 Like

its a websites, websites require internet so no

Oh

Honestly @Grazer an offline edition would be :fire:

2 Likes

an app would be great,

I think the only downside to an offline or possibly an app version is that you have to download all of flowlabs code or behaviors on your computer to be able to access them later without internet.

Then you could make games that would have to be saved on your device, which would probably save your game file per update or whenever you choose to save it.

This would be great since you don’t need internet to load the game so you can’t lose progress or if have loading errors, but this could also be an issue since it’s a file saved on your device, if you device ever got corrupted or the file was accidentally deleted, there wouldn’t be a way to retrieve it unless you manually saved the game as a secondary file, or published the save on the website.

Another issue would be that it’s basically another way to have a downloaded version of your game, which is essentially a indie only feature, so I can see this maybe being a premium only feature unless it saves the code through an encrypted value so it can only be read by the downloaded app that runs the flowlab editor.

I don’t know a whole lot on how apps and downloadable content work so I’m not entirely sure how accurate this is, but I know an app is definitely possible, but an offline version might take a bit.

3 Likes

Well niether am I, but I mean the most someone could do is
 screen record?

I thought it would be more like a shared thing like with the Roblox App and the Roblox Site, all you have to do is be connected to the internet for them to be in sync with each other. If you edited a game offline then it would be updated when you connected to the internet again.

If that doesn’t work then maybe Flowlab could have it’s own file system where you could save a flowlab game as flowlabs own file format and open it on the offline app or the web version

Then again, I know nothing about how all this works

That’s what I was thinking, but what if you worked on a game for a long duration without ever connecting to the internet so it never saved on the main website.

1 Like

i think it would be saved to the app and once you’re internet is connected again it synces with the site

1 Like