Flowlab Speedrunning 🏁

Hello and welcome to the official Flowlab Speedrunner topic :checkered_flag:!

Hello :wave:, as many already know me, I’m CodeAlpaca :llama: and have been doing many speedruns of Flowlab games on my Youtube Channel :tv:

The purpose of this topic is to encourage others to start speedrunning and overall try to spread Flowlab. If you have any questions about how to speedrun or which games, this is the perfect place for you!

This idea is not originally be me, it was prompted by @Truce2017 and I’m just creating a topic for it.

Rules

1. Run requires video footage of proof.
  2. Game must be shown refreshing.
  3. Time starts on the first keypress, action of the player, or anything that alters the game state.

Clarification on Rule 3:

• If a game has a menu, the time does not start. If the game has a level select screen, the time does not start.
  • When you enter the level and are able to move, the time will start. However, if nothing about the game changes if you do not move, then the time will start on the first player input.

Resources

Games that are registered as a speedrun will be here. If there is a game you think should be included, feel free to submit it! The game does not have to be a speedrun either, it can be a game with a highscore as well. If you would like access to modify these resources, let know and DM me so I can give it to you!

This document lists all the games with speedruns and the current top times and links to make sure it’s all easily accessible.

List of Speedrun strategies for specific games (Routes, tricks, tips, etc.)

9 Likes

Some great individuals who will be interested: @KaptainChris92 @DeadlyGumChewer

6 Likes

I am certified great individual :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to make sure when runs are submitted they just won’t be carelessly watched and then put in right? Like it’ll be made sure the run is legit.

3 Likes

I do think that individuals can’t speedrun their own game, because someone can just add a little cheat code that they type at the start of the game and immediately teleport to the ending, lol.

6 Likes

All runs will need video evidence or proof on the Flowlab official leaderboards to be verified.

5 Likes

Another thing would be that if you have to submit a recording or video of the speedrun, they have to refresh the page before playing the game. (Time starts as soon as the first key is pressed I’m assuming since some games may or may not have menus, most probably do at this point) so that way you can’t tinker around with the code. I’m sure comparing it to other speedruns may be very noticeable if something changes, but games that use random generations you could decrease the spawn rate of dangerous objects or something. If you knew what you were doing, you could very easily change some minor details in games to where it’s hardly noticeable, but I doubt anyone would spend hours ahead of a speedrunning clip just to lose a few extra seconds on their final time.

4 Likes

Your time in the funny racing game is very impressive! I Can’t beat it!

3 Likes

Rules

These are the rules that MUST be followed to submit a run. I trust that no one would fake a time, but need to keep things official just in case.

1. Run requires video footage of proof of completion.
  2. Game must be shown refreshing.
  3. Time starts on the first keypress, action of the player, or anything that alters the game state.

Clarification on Rule 3:

• If a game has a menu, the time does not start yet. If the game has a level select screen, the time does not start yet.
  • When you enter the level and are able to move, the time will start. However, if nothing about the game changes if you do not move, then the time will start on the first player input.

If you have any feedback on these rules, let me know

7 Likes

I’m doing a complete overhaul of Refraction. Since it was kind of dull because of the flowjam, but hopefully, I can make it a bit better, and add a bit more lore.

Not sure if I’ll ever complete it though, I’ll probably lose motivation in a few hours, lol.

But it would be an interesting game to speedrun.

5 Likes

Thank you for promoting my idea @CodeAlpaca ! I doubt anyone would listen if I made it!
I can’t wait to see the runs!

3 Likes

What are good games to speedrun?

1 Like

Hello Neighbor Reimagined

1 Like

@CodeAlpaca Speedrun of Hello Neighbor Reimagined:
https://www.canva.com/design/DAF9iFh-owQ/UyWhyrl59mtA30ltuPc71w/edit?utm_content=DAF9iFh-owQ&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton
Got a time of 1:53!

2 Likes

Is there a reason why the footage appears so choppy?

1 Like

I have no idea
The gameplay was smooth

1 Like

It might just be something the hosting website does. Is it possible for you to post it on YouTube? The video can be unlisted if you like

1 Like

Not when I’m in school
Canva is the only way for me

3 Likes

What about screencastify? I remember using it back in 2020 and it was super good but got blocked last year for some reason.

2 Likes

I’ll try it!

2 Likes