Galactian's Game Station 2 (Reviewing topic)

Good luck on reviewing this lol.

2 Likes

heres my game (WARNING IN PRE (PRE) ALPHA) its the first working virtual pet (maybe… when i search "Raise a " theres no results)

if you want you can look at my devlog for it so you can see my updates so far

You can’t search things with spaces in the Flowlab search bar.

1 Like

even with spaces theres only ONE game which was made as a joke cuz really bad and glitchy and stopped updating and called Raise a Floppa

Im pretty sure my game is also original cuz raise a floppa is everywhere so Raise a Floppa on flowlab is not original

1 Like

For all people who often post smaller games or just want a game to be reviewed extremely fast:

2 Likes

Hi may you please review this? I have been working on it since March or April.

1 Like

Gameplay
General Gameplay: 10/15 The gameplay isn’t bad, I like the simplicity in some parts. It’s better than most of your games.
Controls 2/3 Controls are kind of confusing but are a big improvement from most of your games.
Replay-able: 1/2 All platformers have replay-ability, some more than others.
Unique: 2/5 Still very similar to the other Gamougg games.
Overall: 15/25

Sounds
Overall Fit: 3/5 They’re okay. They are overly loud but not too bad. Some variation would help.
Well-used: 4/5 Not much to say here.
Overall: 7/10

Graphics
Style: 2/5 Some objects have really nice shading and look really good, and others are just the flowlab new type block with a rectangle over it? Why?
Fits game: 1/5 Using like 50 different styles doesn’t work. The water came out nice, but why is it one of the only things animated?
Overall Look: 7/15 Some sprites like the metal crates and some of the flowers look really nice and follow a similar style, others just don’t have any shading whatsoever.
Effects: 0/5 No effects?
Overall: 10/30

Creativity
Uniqueness: 6/10 Very similar to the other Gamougg games, but I do like the way the game teaches you how to play. It’s a good tutorial.
Fits: 7/8 The creativity works.
Enjoyable and Fun: 4/7 Some sections are a bit weird but overall it’s not bad.
Overall: 17/25

Difficulty & Balance
Feels balanced: 6/8 I like the difficulty in this game. Follows a linear path.
No Bugs: 2/2 You can’t fly! :slight_smile:
Overall: 8/10

Personal Rating: 5/10
Not a bad game. Sprites need a consistent style and more animations. (Gamougg is looking at me funny) I love using the purple hair person for a machine gun.
Overall Rating: 5.7/10
It’s pretty fun. The ideas are well planned but once again the inconsistent style ruins it. Sound effects could be changed to seem more 8 bit or at least more of a consistent style.

5 Likes
Response

Games in a series are bound to be similar to one another, right?

If they are too loud, I can fix them.

Ok, fixed now.

The Taile of Gamougg is quite a bizarre one.

Thanks! I just only animate the things that I think need to be animated, which is why most things are completely still.

Blood? Almost every single enemy in the game bleeds, even if it doesn’t make any sense for them to do like the skeletons.

Thank you!

Dwayne Johnson Freddy GIF - Dwayne Johnson Freddy Freddy Fazbear GIFs
Gia doesn’t have an assault weapon though

Thank you! Bruh.

Thank you for your review!

2 Likes

still in beta

I’m going to be busy tomorrow and saturday but for now i’m open to review games again.

Will you review CubeTales 3?

So far only the first 7 levels can be completed

I’m getting this reviewed form every active review topic in existence

1 Like

Gameplay
General Gameplay: 8/15 Very repetitive gameplay, where you often just go and find a switch and then collect an item, the water level being the only outlier. Each level should have an unique structure and idea, but each level feels very similar, just dash right and find levers or an item.
Controls 2/3 While the controls aren’t too bad, the movement can be sort of annoying to work with because of how it forces you to slide on walls, make it so you have to walk into a wall to slide on it, which would make it a lot better.
Replay-able: 0/2 While most platformers have replay-ability, this game is too repetitive to make me want to replay previous levels.
Unique: 3/5 A lot of flowlab platformers are similar to this, I feel like some well designed puzzle levels could really help the game. I do like how simple the fighting mechanics are, despite them being unique.
Overall: 13/25

Sounds
Overall Fit: 4/5 Nothing wrong with the sounds. Nothing special, however.
Well-used: 5/5 Sounds are accurate.
Overall: 9/10

Graphics
Style: 2/5 A ton of different styles here. Backgrounds look very rushed and completely different than the main game. Pixelating images of stuff that isn’t pixel art can completely ruin a game’s style, because it looks a lot more realistic than the rest of the style.
Fits game: 3/5 It’s relatively obvious what reasoning each sprite serves. Some levels should have different tilesets to fit them better.
Overall Look: 6/15 Most sprites seem very rushed. The player sprite is well made, but the background and ground tiles often use scribbles to get a texture across, which makes it look very bad. Never scribble on pixel art. The text is way too smooth compared to the rest of the sprites. Most sprites look okay close up, but when mixed with everything else from a distance, they look messy and poor quality. This game, along with most other platformers, would greatly benefit from a tileset, and not just blocks used for ground.
Effects: 1/5 I’m counting the slashes as effects, but nothing else is really using particles or good effects.
Overall: 12/30

Creativity
Uniqueness: 3/10 Each level is like a basic platformer made in flowlab. I liked the aquatic level but the rest are just dash right until you succeed. The enemies don’t pose a threat at all and can just be walked past.
*Fits: 3/8 A lot of variation of colors in sprites, which looks bad but is creative. Be consistent with colors in a game to make it look a lot better.
Enjoyable and Fun: 2/7 The repetitive gameplay really bored me out while playing this.
Overall: 8/25

Difficulty & Balance
Feels balanced: 1/8 Difficulty follows a very sporadic path. Very random.
No Bugs: 1/2 You can really quickly move by spamming dash and wall sliding is slightly buggy.
Overall: 2/10

Personal Rating: 4/10
Feels just like one of those flowlab platformers that you see all the time, but slightly more developed. I do like how it at least has an unique movement system.
Overall Rating: 4.4/10
The art style really needs to be rethought. The art is really random and no good style is used. As I said before, the backgrounds are very lazy and often have images that aren’t actually supposed to be pixel art that you probably found online. The movement is pretty fun but the level design being so repetitive ruins it for me. I did like the aquatic level somewhat, but every other level felt the same. The menu has a good idea, but the scribbles on some of the planets looks really bad. This game would probably benefit from better fighting, where you actually have to kill things and can’t just spam a button until they die, and good level design. Checkpoints, pressure plates, puzzles, guns even, would all work well with the idea. The boss fight is really basic, and just has a few moves of which are just impulse in a direction. Don’t use alerts or bar behaviours. Make custom one’s to make it look a lot more professional.

Before making another level, polish the one before until it is perfect and fun.

5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions!

I find it funny how you liked the water level because everyone else I asked thought it was too hard and annoying (and there are more exploration themed level in the future)

3 Likes

This is a demo and only has two levels:

1 Like

please wait until you have a more finished game to send it in, it takes 30 minutes to write a review and I usually want to use that time on a finished or at least somewhat finished and polished game.

5 Likes

This is somewhat finished

1 Like

Gameplay
General Gameplay: 7/15 The level design is relatively good, some arrows to point direction and less spring jumps would be nice. Simple platformer jumps are a lot more important to platformers than you’d think. The first boss is really repetitive and easy. The main issue with the gameplay is the movement system. It’s extremely difficult to control, you can barely control yourself when in the air. Please at least try to use this movement instead Flowlab Game Creator - Spin test (or just make one yourself, just put this here to show an idea of what I was thinking would work well), it will make it a lot more fun to play. It has strength based jumps, better friction, easy midair control, and wall jumps and slides. You can get rid of sliding and wall jumping if you want.
Controls 2/3 Basic, simple platformer controls. But I usually take 1 point off here if movement isn’t good.
Replay-able: 1/2 With a better movement system I can even see having some fun speedrunning this game.
Unique: 1/5 Nothing really stands out in the gameplay. Just a basic platformer with a spring pick-up mechanic.
Overall: 11/25

Sounds
Overall Fit: 5/5 Good. Like the death effect a lot.
Well-used: 5/5 Not much to say here.
Overall: 10/10

Graphics
Style: 5/5 Love the simple style. It’s done well. It’s not much but I think the clouds should have a darker outline.
Fits game: 5/5 The style feels like it fits the cutesy platformer game it is.
Overall Look: 13/15 Sprites all follow a well designed style. Colours look good, and the art does too.
Effects: 3/5 Effects such as wavy decals and a nice death effect add a lot of feel to the game. I feel like some particles on movement and when you hit an enemy would be nice.
Overall: 26/30

Creativity
Uniqueness: 4/10 The art is the main thing that makes this game stand-out from other platformers. The other mechanics are commonly used in platformers.
Fits: 6/8 Not too much creativity present, but it fits quite well. The spring mechanic is really overused for how it can sometimes be buggy and hard to control with the movement.
Enjoyable and Fun: 3/7 As I said, the overused spring jumps can be unfun. A lot of those jumps could be replaced by a basic platformer jump.
Overall: 13/25

Difficulty & Balance
Feels balanced: 4/8 Difficulty progression isn’t very linear, but follows a consistent upward path.
No Bugs: 1/2 When you spam jump the sound keeps playing, and springs can be a bit inconsistent.
Overall: 5/10

Personal Rating: 5/10
Art is great, but the rest of the game feels like a generic platformer. An unique movement system along with more ideas would greatly benefit this game.
Overall Rating: 6.5/10
Art really saved this game from a lower rating. Amazingly done art. As I said before, more unique mechanics are really needed. I feel like the game sort of wants to have puzzle-like mechanics, but doesn’t pull it together to make a full puzzle type game. Overall, the game would surpass a 7/10 rating with just a new smooth movement system.

2 Likes

Hey, @Galactian

Could you please rate my game. (I’m currently working on it.)
Here is the link:
Adventures on Vironia

WARNING This game may take a very long time to complete.

Oh and also: Read the description or else… You’re dead.

-Ember

1 Like

I got near the “dont” section, and I find your game basic.
I mean, its fun if it wasnt so repetitive, but some things make no sense, like, why jumpads when E is just perma fly, art style is inconsistent, the only good art is the ones from the flowlab place, but the C animation is sweet. I think what this needs is better art and less janky controls, like when in tight corridors its very annoying to get by, those stones on the ground also bug me.

3 Likes