Galactian's Game Station 2 (Reviewing topic)

yo epic ur back. could you please review this game then?

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: not that important but that is the best game cover Iā€™ve ever seen :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thank you, thatā€™s very nice of you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you reviewed Danielā€™s Body yet? If not, Iā€™d be happy to see what you think of it.

you never posted it in here so i have not yet, iā€™ve played it before but iā€™ll play it again to get a more accurate review

1 Like

Hello, I have no idea if you would review this but Iā€™d give it a try.

This is a demo of the remake/remaster of the first game I made when I first got indie.
Doubt youā€™d review it. But thereā€™s no other review topic active right now so thatā€™s why Iā€™m posting this.

2 Likes

Review 17:
Flowlab Game Creator - The Escape Of The Unsavable Remaster [DEMO] @DeadlyGumChewer
Gameplay
General Gameplay: 6/15 This game has many issues, including relatively poor game design, a bad movement system, and some big dev mistakes. I beat all 4 levels, and the final door didnā€™t unlock. The biggest issue with this game is the terrible movement system, itā€™s extremely annoying to control, no coyote jump, not smooth, and midair control is terrible. I often would just spam jump to fly and skip parts. The level design is ok, itā€™s obviously supposed to be annoying, but the level design should be designed around the movement system, and itā€™s obviously not.
Controls 2/3 Just wasd, i take a point off if movement isnā€™t good.
Replay-able: 1/2 Canā€™t see playing this again, but it is replayable.
Unique: 2/5 Relatively basic platformer, nothing super unique in this besides the enemies.
Overall: 11/25

Sounds
Overall Fit: 3/5 Sounds work well, some music would be nice.
Well-used: 4/5 They fit, just needs some music.
Overall: 7/10

Graphics
Style: 3/5 Not a bad style, just sort of inconsistent. The ground tiles and the player and the enemies contrast each other. The blood particles donā€™t fit too well into the gameā€™s style.
Fits game: 4/5 The style fits the game pretty well.
Overall Look: 8/15 The style is very simple, but some of it looks inconsistent, and makes it look worse. The player model feels wrong compared to the rest of the game, and the spikes look weird.
Effects: 4/5 The death effects are nice, but blood doesnā€™t fit this style too well.
Overall: 19/30

Creativity
Uniqueness: 3/10 Simple, uncreative art style, not very unique gameplay. Iā€™ve seen tons of platformers like this on flowlab.
Fits: 5/8 The creativity isnā€™t too much, but some of the gimmicks try to be unique, but instead lead to poor gameplay. (falling spikes are usually unreadable, so are ground spikes)
Enjoyable and Fun: 2/7 The gimmicks usually cause the game to be unfun.
Overall: 10/25

Difficulty & Balance
Feels balanced: 6/8 The game does progress in difficulty pretty well, but some of the gameplay is much harder than other parts (tiny platforms are annoying af to jump on with this kind of movement)
No Bugs: 0/2 If you spam jump you can sometimes fly.
Overall: 6/10

Personal Rating: 4/10
Not very enjoyable imo, too unforgiving. Doesnā€™t follow one of the most important things in games:
A game should be theoretically beatable on a playerā€™s first try (basically everything should be readable)
Overall Rating: 5.3/10
Really needs a different movement system. Art is ok, but sort of lazy. The level design is meh, but wouldnā€™t be terrible if it wasnā€™t for the bad movement system. Overall, make a good movement system and it will be more fun.

1 Like

Thanks for the review, unfortunately I quit making the game since my mind kinda went blank and I just couldnā€™t think of anything else for it which is why you mightā€™ve seen some issues.

1 Like

was just looking through this topic and found this quote i said 2 years ago:
ā€œI was trying to give the point that all people start from different places, but all starting points are equalā€
sh*ts deep, didnā€™t know 13 yo me was philosophical, also i have the review count now, iā€™m going to sometimes just appear in here and do a review when iā€™m bored (so more often)

3 Likes