Galaxian Reviews - Submit Your Games and See my Reviews

1 Like

Also wait, I forgor :skull: to thank you for your review! Thank you for your review. I have now implemented all of your suggestions except the tutorial one because I feel like this game doesn’t need one due to its length and simplicity, and also because I am limited to 5 levels.

2 Likes

If you do review it, that’s completely up to you. I scrapped the game due to a lack of motivation.

1 Like

Idle Balls - By @Galactian

GENERAL

Review of Gameplay - I would compare Idle Balls to those idle games where you pretty much buy some new things, then sit back and relax as you watch the action unfold before you. Idle Balls takes this concept and applies it to a brick breaker game. You can buy balls of various types, each one with its own strengths and abilities.
It’s all as simple as that.

Pros:

• Easy and simple to understand
  • Satisfying to watch the bricks break

Cons:

• I can disable the music, but not the SFXs? I think that’s a bug…

SCORING

ART

Everything is made incredibly simple, and there is little details in the bricks and balls. But at least the art is decent and not boring to look at…

Score: 3 / 5

SOUND

The music is relaxing, and the SFXs feel satisfying. But once you’ve bought enough balls, the SFX start to get a bit annoying. Fortunately, there is a button that let’s you turn off the SFXs… oh, it doesn’t work. It’s either still in the works, or a bug.

Oh well, it’s still a good sounding game, and the music is charming to listen to.

Score: 4 / 5

STORY

This game has no story.

Score: Exempted

ENTERTAINMENT

It is satisfying to watch the bricks break and see the bucks start piling in. I wouldn’t say that this is a very “fun” experience, but it is quite entertaining nonetheless. There isn’t much to say here other than it’s alright.

ORIGINALITY

Idle games are by no means a new concept. I have yet to see one utilize a brick breaker with various different balls, though. I’m sure there is one out there, but I have not seen them yet, so for now, take this four.

DIFFICULTY

I don’t think this game is meant to provide much of a challenge. A tutorial, though, still would have been appreciated.

Score: 5 / 5

CONCLUSION

FINAL SCORE: 3.8 / 5

BadgeB

Good work on this game, Galactian.

I feel that this review is quite lack-luster in terms of feedback or elaboration, so please forgive me for that. I don’t like idle games very much, but I tried to set those personal opinions aside to give you a fair review. And from the looks of it, this looks pretty good.

Again, sorry for the lack of feedback, suggestions, and elaboration. I prefer games where the player is incredibly active rather than simply sitting back and letting an automated system do the work.

Congratulations, and thank you for the submission!

3 Likes

you can disable sfx, it’s the button next to the music disable (i literally only made that for lag reduction but it works good)
Besides that, thank you for the review! I agree that I could’ve done better with the art and I’ll think about adding a tutorial.

3 Likes

I just finished the game :smiley:! Like its inspiration, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Taile Gamougg: Emerald Warrior is pretty short and very replayable. It also breaks new ground in Flowlab sword mechanics :slightly_smiling_face:. Also John Shrekinson officially canonized it (I know him irl; he didn’t say it on the forums just yet) and it takes place around the same time as the Great Calcium Conflict, so maybe I could base my next game on that.

May you consider re-reviewing it?

3 Likes

Yup, I’ll re-review it once I’m done with The GAME 420.

3 Likes

Ok, sounds good. Have a nice day and reviewing!

3 Likes

Thank you! (i made the music in an exploratory)

4 Likes

The GAME 420 - By @John_Shrekinson , submitted on their behalf by 117JOJO

GENERAL

Review of Gameplay - I honestly have no idea what to make of this game…
So the Master Chief was killed by a Ronald McDonald imposter (sus) and now we have to travel to the land of poop in order to revive him and save the world.

Huh

I would compare the gameplay to that of Taile Gamougg 3, but it has just a bit more exploration.

Regardless, I did not have fun.

Pros:

Yeah, there isn’t that much good to say for this game.

Cons:

• Boring
  • This entire game is one big meme-fest. While there are games out there that don’t take themselves very seriously, at least they manage to find entertainment out of that lack of seriousness. This game, however, fails to reach that mark for me.
  • Absolutely NO originality when it comes to the characters
  • Tutorial covers WAY too little. Everything else is in the description… which is a big mess. It took me way too long to figure out how to pick up a jetpack.
  • Too. Many. Controls!
  • I had to skip the level “Excrement II” (ew) because the level was too confusing and the background was hurting my eyes.
  • In fact, I had to skip the level after that, too! Like, what is this:

I think that’s enough cons for now, but trust me, there are more.

SCORING

ART

Okay, the art is good, I’ll give you that much. There is a lot of detail to almost everything. But, again, everything is so lifeless without animations. Everyone looks like stiff statues sliding around. I know that these are all supposed to be toys and all, but even Toy Story managed to make toys look alive through their movements and behaviors.
Also, some of the objects, like the boomerangs and bricks, look terrible. And it is difficult to tell what objects are background or game layer. This has gotten me killed twice.

So, in the end, you lost points for lack of animations and inconsistent artstyle.

Score: 2 / 5

SOUND

All I can say about the music is “meh”. There’s something about it that feels out of place. Maybe because it feels way too calming? :thinking:

As for the sound, again, I wish there was more. The game feels very silent most of the time, especially when nothing is happening.

STORY

This is the first game by Shrekinson that I have played so far in which there is a story presented in-game. Unfortunately, this story is terrible.

Master Chief was killed by a Ronald McDonald imposter and now the protagonist, Johnny, must find a magical poop in the poop kingdom to revive the Master Chief and defeat Ronald McDonald.

That’s it. That’s literally it. It doesn’t sound fun at all, and it is incredibly random. And many of the NPCs scattered throughout the game don’t really contribute to the story. The NPCs that solely exist to crack jokes are not funny at all.

This game is clearly just trying to be one big meme and it is failing to amuse me.

Score: 1 / 5

ENTERTAINMENT

As I said in the General category, I did not have fun with this game at all.

• The objectives are confusing. I enter every level knowing absolutely nothing about what to do. The helpful “hints” at the start of the levels don’t help that much. I had to look through the editor to see what is going on, and even there I was confused about what you want me to do. Also, spectator mode doesn’t help.
    Speaking of which, I didn’t even know spectator mode was a thing until I read the description, which is a mess.
  • The story is terrible. I’ve already gone over why in the story section.
  • There is very little eye-grabbing details. Almost nothing about this game stands out as unique or interesting. Everyone, with the exception of a few enemies, are characters from other media that I can quickly point out. Bugs Bunny, Master Chief, Ronald McDonald, Spider-Man, etc. Make you own characters, buddy. You’ve already done this before.
  • Character dialogue is boring and unfunny. This game seems to be trying to get a laugh out of me, but the only thing it uses to accomplish this are memes. And none of those memes have anything to do with the game at all. It gets old very quickly.

ORIGINALITY

This game is a story about your toys. Okay then, that’s creative. What ISN’T creative is the characters or story. Let me repeat what I said in the entertainment section:

Everyone, with the exception of a few enemies, are characters from other media that I can quickly point out. Bugs Bunny, Master Chief, Ronald McDonald, Spider-Man, etc. Make you own characters, buddy. You’ve already done this before.
So if this game is based on your toys, and I’m criticizing your lack of originality, how can you make your characters more original? Try creating new characters that are similar to those other characters, but still stand out as your own original characters.

And I think I’ve already stated how bad the story is…

DIFFICULTY

Thank you for including a tutorial! Unfortunately, it is not very good. I left the tutorial only knowing how to move and shoot. It did not teach me how to pick up items or anything like that. Because of this, I got stuck on the “Mission” level because I didn’t know how to put on a jetpack. And I didn’t find the controls for it in the description until AFTER I finally managed to pick up the jetpack… by mashing every key in my keyboard until something happened.
Speaking of which, just like with Taile Gammougg 3, there are too many controls. Every key in the keyboard does something. Do you really expect me to know what key to press to accomplish a certain action? I don’t have the time to see what each key does.

The level design is also terrible. Even worse than Taile Gamougg 3 when I first reviewed the game. I don’t know where I am, where to go, and what to do. All I know is that I must find a boomerang. Now how do I do that? That’s the challenge, and it isn’t a very fun or easy one.

The enemies jump when you jump, which makes it extremely annoying to deal with them. It is also impossible to tell what objects are background and what objects are game layer, which has lead to my death many times.

Also, the projectiles that I fire and the ones that the enemies fire are hard to see, and with no sound or animation telling me that I am getting hurt, my health plummets really fast.

SUGGESTIONS

Alright, due to the fact that this game got a D Rank (1 - 1.9 as a final score), I am going to be leaving some suggestions.

Suggestions

The TL;DR of this? This game needs a complete rework. Start from scratch again.

My first recommendation: get rid of the memes. Forget Monsoon I don’t care what he has to say.

One thing that I noticed thus far with Shrekinson’s games is the overreliance on memes. I do like memes, I really do. But when they are everywhere, it is annoying. It’s just like how Among Us used to be known as a unique and fun party game that people played to sit through quarantine, but now it is mostly known for the cringey memes that it accidentally spawned. It’s a sad and unfortunate demise.
Memes are funny when they are used correctly and in a way that can get a laugh out of people. Take SMG4. His videos are one big meme-fest, yet they are funny because of the way that they are applied. They are usually appropriate in the situation, and are often used to tell jokes. Also, SMG4 knows when he needs to be serious (take Axol’s death, for example). This is partly why Brian’s death in Family Guy was so weak; they just kept telling jokes in a scenario where there needed to be seriousness.
However, for The GAME 420, it’s clear that everything is supposed to be one big meme. Even the story itself, with Master Chief getting killed by a Ronald McDonald imposter, is based off of memes. None of it is applied correctly in a way that makes it meaningful or funny. The game rarely even attempts to act serious. I know that it is okay if a game doesn’t take itself seriously at any point. Some of those games are big jokes themselves. However, those games will end up being successful when they find out what the limit is. The GAME 420 does not seem to know where the border between humor and boredom is when it comes to memes.
So, either get rid of the memes, or use them properly.

Other recommendations include:

• Better level design
  • Differentiate the background and game layer objects more
  • Better art
  • Animations
  • Better story
  • Less controls, please
  • More SFXs
  • More originality

If you need any more elaboration, just ask.

CONCLUSION

FINAL SCORE: 1.3 / 5

BadgeD

This game needs more work, John Shrekinson.

I opened the game with high expectations because I thought the concept of a game being based on your toys was interesting. However, this is by far my least favorite game I have reviewed. It suffers many of the same issues as Taile Gamougg 3, both first review and second review, and just makes them all worse. Due to the low score it received, I added a Suggestions category. Please refer to that if you want to improve this game still.

If this review come across as aggressive, I’m sorry. Like I stated in the topic description, none of these reviews are meant to be an attack against the game creator. I’m simply critiquing the reviews based on what I think of the game. What are the highlights of the game and what are the downsides for me. And, for this particular game, it was really bad. I did not enjoy my experience whatsoever.

Better luck next time, and thank you for the submission!

3 Likes
Wowee this is a long post

Bruh how (I request elaboration)

I like memes. Also memes are super powers in the The GAME 420 universe.

I wanted to literally make a game about the toys I have. This was never meant to be an original game because of it. I don’t even consider it an original game of mine, rather I consider it a fangame of all the characters/franchises present.

Thanks! I’ll deal with this.

Aughhhhhhhh

That’s my favorite level in the whole game :smiling_face_with_tear: but if the background is hurting your eyes… That’s a serious problem. May you kindly tell me how this is specifically affecting you? This is my biggest concern since I too hate it when a game really hurts my eyes, especially on Flowlab.

That’s the Poop Temple. Poop society has really evolved architecturally I’d say. Quite a lot of progress on the buildings.

Ok, but still no player animations (for this game at least; the next game in this series will have them).

The old mixing with the new.

Just wondering, is it safe to assume that this is your favorite meme? Or am I really just that weird and confusing?

More and aggressive. Got it :+1:.

:cry:

That’s the point

Well, not really. It’s not like every Family Guy character contributes to the plot of every episode.

I’m sorry to hear that. This game was made from August to December 2021 however, so the art inconsistency and the meme unfunniness could be partially or completely attributed to a long development.

The Boomerang Portal is always the main thing. Everything else is there either as an optional thing or an item you can pick up to help you on your journey (or its an easter egg).

My toys and then funy mems tho?

I wonder how I could do this. May you please explain?

I pride myself on humor so,

Ok but why though? It wouldn’t be lore accurate then.

Not everything is mandatory. Maybe I should try using more button combos?

My semi-open world issue :pensive:.

How can I make them more visible?

Ok I will add the Shield Flare animation from Halo: Flowlab Evolved into this game.

Bruh telling me this would be like telling a fish to stop swimming in water.

ok.

Aughhhhhhhhhh

Yes

I completely understand.

You’re welcome!

1 Like
Elaboration

Well, as I may have stated a couple of times throughout the review, I didn’t have much fun. Please refer to the Entertainment section for more info.

:neutral_face:
Well, at least you are going to add animations in other games…

I would say it’s a mix of both. My favorite meme is pretty much anything that has to do with hysterical laughter or utter confusion. In this case, I was using that meme to emphasize my confusion of the story and how you came up with it.

But I think it’s rude to call you “weird”.

Mostly because the writers don’t use some of those characters very well and/or very often. Family Guy’s general quality has deteriorated heavily over the years.

Yes. There is only one thing in the optional half of the tutorial. There needs to be more.

I would work on making every (important) character interesting. Like giving your protagonist a personality that is different from another character.

Also, gameplay-wise, this is basically Taile Gamougg 3. It has the same platformer and run 'n gun elements. Add some new stuff, like a special meter for special attacks, or techniques that can be done with button combos. And better variety to defeating certain enemies. For many enemies, I just had to spam the shoot button and that’s all. It can get repetitive eventually.

Use jokes, puns, ironic statements, comedic scenes, ridiculous dialogue, roasts and burns, etc. Look for a game, movie, TV show, etc that you can find with funny jokes and learn from them.

Don’t just use random memes, or have a character say “I obliterated everyone in DOOM II”. That statement has no humor behind it whatsoever.

Because if you don’t, then that shows that you put very little creativity into the project. You’re just taking other people’s characters and placing them in some other scenario that they (probably) don’t fit into. It’s kinda hard to imagine Spider-Man as some kind of elder-god-being thing.

Not only is that unoriginal and uncreative, but in the real world, some companies can and will sue you for using their work in your project without their permission first. Yes, this is a game based on your toys, but most people won’t take that as a proper excuse.

Button combos can help with performing special moves and such.

But while playing the game and reading the description, what I noticed is that there are various different buttons to pick up various different items. Why not have a single button pick up any item, and then have the game tell you what you picked up?

E is used to pick up the jetpack, so why use a different key to pick up the Revealer or the SMG?

This image shows all of the controls listed in the game’s description. You cannot possibly convince me that this isn’t too much.

Again, a bulleted list would lead to better organization.

Sure thing!

So the background consisted of various green and black patterns. When the camera is not moving, when I look from one side of the screen to another, it feels like a bunch of flashing lights. And since this background covers a sizeable part of the screen, it is enough to hurt my eyes. When the camera is moving, it creates the same effect, but it becomes worse when I look from one side of the screen to another again. This happened to me a lot since I was trying to look for what to do in that level.
This is affecting me because it hurts my eyes and makes me feel disoriented. My eyes are really sensitive, and exposing them to patterns like this gives me headaches for hours. For people with epilepsy or photosensitivity conditions, this is dangerous for them.

So I’d recommend a background that doesn’t involve patterns like this. Or at least warn people in the beginning that this might cause issues for them.

Anyways, that’s all I have to say for now. If you have any more questions, I’ll try to answer them.

1 Like

Also I think this may help you for my future games:

• The pause, level restart, game restart, and fullscreen buttons are the same in nearly all my games.
  • My game serieses in order from least to most serious:
  1. The GAME 420
  2. Taile Gamougg
  3. CubeTales
3 Likes
Thanks again for your time!

I see. I like ridiculous things too :slightly_smiling_face:.

Just the facts.

I see about the first sentence. And the second one too kinda because I’m on season 11 now.

Agreed, thank you.

Oh yeah. I would say that Johnny is rather flamboyant, but I have no clue how to show this in game besides the dialogue.

Yup. Now I will definitely add something cool.

Wow okay. Interesting. I think I will do this now.

Purely so that the player can become superpowered and use several weapons and gadgets at the same time and to create exciting weapon combos.

Ok, bullet point time.

Oh yeah me too but I got over it and didn’t think too much of it. Somehow I thought that the rainbow costume in older versions of Gamougg 3 was more harmful to the eyes than this.

Okay.

3 Likes

Hey could you give this game a try? It’s a Gamougg spinoff with a totally different genre.

And despite its name, no, it is not a meme game and there are no jokes.

1 Like

Alrighty then.

I remember @117JOJO asking for a re-review of Taile Gamougg: Emerald Warrior, so I’ll review that first and then move on to Taile Gamougg: Ligma.

2 Likes

Ok, thank you and take your time!

2 Likes

raise a noob

3 Likes

Revisiting Taile Gamougg: Emerald Warrior - By @117JOJO

Last time on Galaxian Reviews, this game received a 1.2 / 5, and since then has received more updates to further improve the game. Stick around to see by how much the game improved.

GENERAL

Review of Gameplay - So I was wrong. This wasn’t the same Gamougg as in the official games. This is an ancestor of his, who’s also named Gamougg. Seems the Gamougg family line has a history of adventuring, eh?
Anyways, Gamougg here is on a journey home when he stumbles upon some strange occurences, and has to investigate what in the world is going on.
This fan-game is pretty different from the official games in that, instead of wielding firearms, Gamougg wields a sword that he can use to hack-and-slash enemies.

Pros:

• Again, Gamougg and Ren Chungus look pretty epic. And so does this Senseinator Legweak character.
  • Majority of last time’s issues have been resolved
  • Story is interesting, though could have been better

Cons:

• Bosses are difficult to defeat normally, but this element of difficulty is negated when they get stuck in a block or something.
  • Feels like a combination of Taile Gamougg and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I guess it’s not a bad thing, but it massacres originality in the process, especially since the similarities are obvious.

SCORING

ART

The art has improved since last time. The majority of the blocks I can see in-game have their own looks, and for the most part, it’s pretty solid. I like it all, apart from the next level block and the notes outting Rin as a possible baddie.

I think at this point it is tradition for Taile Gamougg games to lack any character animations. Still not a fan of that.

SOUND

Again, more improvements in this department. The game has sounds for just about everything, and the music is spot-on. Well, except for the final boss. Instead, it plays a Flowlab soundtrack that sounds very out of place considering all the other soundtracks, and then you link the player to a MGRR soundtrack…

But aside from that, the game sounds very good, from the SFXs to the music!

STORY

The story is interesting, and also somewhat confusing.

Summary of the Story: SPOILERS AHEAD

LAST SPOILER WARINING: The game starts off with Gamougg returning home, only to run into Ren Chungus and fight him in a duel. After Chungus is defeated (and presumably killed), he declares that the electrolytes will be found by his allies. Gamougg then decides to pay Rin, Chungus’ wife, a visit to see if there is anything suspicious going on. He finds electrolytes stashed in the house, and when he goes outside, he runs into Senseinator Legweak. He starts yammering about how trashy the healthcare policy is in America and how he is willing to go extreme lengths to give it all to everyone, regardless of their backgrounds. Gamougg, recognizing Legweak’s immoral actions, kills him in a duel, and then casually goes back home as if nothing happened.

The story is clearly trying to present how electrolytes came to be in the world of Gamougg, and I guess a sort of origin story to the Gamougg family line. It is an interesting concept, and it makes for a good story.
However, here is my biggest issue(s): Senseinator Legweak’s appearance is random, especially the whole sub-plot about his extreme attempts to give healthcare to all. His method of doing it - killing innocent people - sounds pretty sadistic and counterproductive.
And the fact that Gamougg seemingly forgets about the whole situation of the electrolytes after the battle is also completely random. Shouldn’t Gamougg be off to make sure Chungus’ allies don’t do anything bad?

I think this is trying to be like how, in MGRR, Senator Armstrong intends to end warfare through anarchist means and turning people into murderous cyborgs at an early age. But while Armstrong’s methods make sense, despite being extremely immoral, Legweak’s methods don’t make sense, especially since we don’t get to see much of Legweak. He only appears for one level, and that isn’t really long enough for us to see what he is really like. Unlike, again, Armstrong, who’s battle can last up to an hour, and that hour is spent showing us his true colors.

This would have earned a four, but the lack of Senseinator Legweak’s character development, as well as Gamougg’s apparent amnesia, lowered the score a bit. Not by too much since it only made up about one level of the game, while the electrolyte plot made up the other four. Still, could have been better.

ENTERTAINMENT

The game was fun while it lasted, though the short game size lowers the entertainment value this game can give out. I can forgive that for the most part considering how you have a free account and can’t really add more objects/levels.

ORIGINALITY

Like before, due to the fact that this is a fan-game based on Gamougg, as well as clear and obvious parallels to MGRR, this originality sections is gonna get massacred.
I am giving you bonus points, however, for including different game mechanics from the official Gamougg games (at least the ones I have played thus far).

DIFFICULTY

The controls for this game are easy to understand and use. As for a tutorial, one is still not present.

C344B3C8-8685-43D2-A222-0313A655A091

Anyways, the normal levels are simple and easy. As for the bosses, they are surprisingly difficult. That is, until I noticed a bit of an exploit.
The bosses pretty much have just one method of attacking: they charge at you, and when they get close enough, they stop and start swinging their weapons. When the player attempts to harm them, they shield themselves.
Because the bosses stop moving when close to you, if you trick the boss into ramming into a wall or otherwise uneven surface, then stand on top of them and start swinging your sword like your butt’s on fire, the boss will be defeated really easily.

I found out this exploit by accident, but it helped me kill the bosses much quicker than I feel I should have. But, assuming one does not notice this bug, the bosses are actually challenging and make up for the easy levels from before.

I would say that the difficulty for the game is relatively good.

CONCLUSION

FINAL SCORE: 3.3 / 5

BadgeB

Good work on this game, 117JOJO.

This is a pretty good comeback! Last time, you received a 1.2, and now you have a 3.3! I think this game is really good. The game still has some flaws, especially with the endgame story. Other than that, the game has many highlights. I would recommend that you try to work on boss AI a bit more while still maintaining the challenge that they present, and also improve the endgame story.

Congratulations, and thank you for your submission!

3 Likes

Taile Gamougg: Ligma - By @John_Shrekinson

GENERAL

Review of Gameplay - Well, um… this game has a rather questionable title. It doesn’t even have anything to do with what the game is about. But anyways…
Taile Gamougg: Ligma is different from your average Taile Gamougg game. It is a top-down 3D game where the player makes grid-based movements to reach the end of the level. They also have access to a gun they can use to push asteroids and defeat enemies (which are incredibly scarce in this game).
So far… that’s all. Not much variety in this game.

Pros:

• Good concept
  • Simple Gameplay
  • Short and sweet, a good game to play if you want to have some fun for a few minutes

Cons:

• For some reason, S is to equip the gun and move down
  • “Short and sweet” may be a pro, but this experience went by a little too fast

SCORING

ART

I can really dig the artstyle for this game. I love it. Gamougg is looking a little… different this time. Eh, it’s a spin-off, it’s not that big of a deal. And finally, there are character animations! Gamougg walks every time he moves. Could do with more animations thought, but this is already a good sign.

The next level block and the win block feel out of place a bit. Maybe turn them into doors, trophies, or anything else that someone would view as a “goal” of sorts.

SOUND

Music-wise, this game doesn’t use royalty-free music like the other Gamougg games. However, the selection of music for the levels still feels appropriate. I like many of the Flowlab-provided soundtracks.

SFX-wise, I feel like there is too little. There are no sounds for when the player or enemies take damage, and SFXs only play when you move on to another level or shoot your gun.

STORY

This game does not have a story present.

Score: Exempted

Entertainment

If you’re looking for a game that is fast and easy, this is the game for you. But this felt a little too fast and a little too easy. I beat this game in around 6 minutes and got confused by how short this experience was.

It was fun while it lasted, but I wish this game had more stuff to bring in.

ORIGINALITY

For the most part, the concept of moving Gamougg through a level using grid-based movements sounds pretty nice, and it could have led to a fantastic spin-off. But as I mentioned in the Entertainment section, this game is too short and too easy, so this game felt more like a tiny experiment.

I think grid-based games are not a new concept either. I’ve played a few in the past and even attempted to create my own, with minimal success.

DIFFICULTY

I mentioned that this game is a little too easy. See, there are three hazards that you must watch out for in this game: shadows, bosses, and “Phantom Vera”.

The shadows look like enemies at first glance… except that they are not enemies at all. They don’t do anything except bounce around, and they are only spawned by the boss. Plus, they die a few seconds after spawning. They are pretty easy to dodge and can be destroyed by shooting them.
The bosses… are underwhelming. They just shoot shadows at you and that’s it. They are easy to kill.
The Phantom Vera are located on orange tiles, and they will hurt you if you step on them. I didn’t realize this until after I died to them. After I did this, I made an effort to avoid anything orange.

The bad part is that these hazards only appear in the last two levels of the game. The rest of the game is not challenging at all (though the second level relies on a glitch in order to progress). As I said before, this game is way too easy, and it massacres the potential this game could have had with its grid-based gameplay.

But hey… at least there is a sufficient amount of controls (except why does the S key do two different things at the same time?), and the tutorial is satisfactory. Those are the only highlights in terms of difficulty.

CONCLUSION

FINAL SCORE: 3 / 5

BadgeB

Good work on this game, John Shrekinson.

Wow, a score of exactly three! I don’t think that has happened yet…
Anyways, this game is promising and has potential. I am hoping that you revisit it sometime to improve on certain aspects, namely the length and difficulty of this game.

Oh yeah, I’d consider changing the name of the game, too. When coming up with a game’s title, think about its story and/or gameplay rather than a word that is associated with a dirty joke.

Congratulations, and thank you for your submission!

3 Likes