Galaxian Reviews - Submit Your Games and See my Reviews

Just a quick explanation of the game: Boombox! A game where you take control of a lil’ yellow boi with a megaphone head, and do some basic platforming and puzzles until you unlock the next mini game ( mostly consisting of rhythm challenges. ) just ask for more info!

2 Likes

Thanks. I got a million requests to pause the game when you die to make it like Gdash, but I’ll definitely add a toggle for it. For the background, Idk why you still see the flashy background.

For the pellet speed, what do you think of having it to where they generally go slower, but you can turn on nightmare mode (no not a Gdash reference) to have the speed the way they originally did?
Thanks for the feedback. I am really trying to make it a kaizo-style since there are pretty much 0 kaizos on here. As for the difficulty, I’m aware that you can cheat the level and put your mouse off the screen, but that’s purely a fullscreen bug that @grazer has already been notified of (I’m pretty sure.) Some people say the game is too easy lol, but I don’t know what they were on when they said that. Thanks for the review!

2 Likes

Wait, didn’t you say you had a back-up for Notes and Waves? It could be because I was playing an older version that I saw the theme background?

2 Likes

Also i still don’t know the reference/ripoff to just shapes and beats, do you mean how the game plays? Because you could say that Undertale, basically every tbrpg and gdash (somewhat) stole that from jsab.

That’s probably it, as soon as I revamped the old one the background was changed instantly.

2 Likes

Just realized I did a you lol, I’m now a monologuer

1 Like

So here is a list of things that I see that make Notes and Waves look like a JSAB fan-game:

• The character is a cyan square
  • All hazards are pink
  • Those column laser things
  • It is a bullet hell game where the projectiles move according to the music
  • The title of the game

Geometry dash is a platformer game, and the hazards completely vary, and are not just pink bullets or lasers.
Undertale is also a bullet hell game, but the projectiles don’t depend on the music. It depends on the enemies and how many are there. For bosses, the projectiles also depends on how far you go in the fight.

1 Like

Ok but still tbrpgs.
Ye I took the laser idea from them but honest to God I didn’t see the cyan square thing, or at least realize it was cyan, until after I had developed the player. Bullet hell games = every tbrpg ever. I see the bullets as deep red… Lol, maybe I’m part colorblind?

1 Like

I didn’t even know Just Shapes and Beats existed until my Prototype was done. (I tried to find the prototype but I have 100+ games lol, if you find it please link me so I can save it XD).

1 Like

I always tought it was kind of similar to just shapes and beats…

speaking of JSAB (just shapes and beats) can you review this @MetaNinja?

the game is still far from finished so I will be working on a few secrets soon
2 Likes

Sure, I can! Although keep in mind that I am quite busy lately, so your review might come in a long time. If we’re both lucky, I may push the majority of the reviews left to do this week. Let’s hope that it ends up happening.

So this game is not finished but I really need feedback to finish it.

• The help button isn’t done

• The leaderboard button doesn’t work yet

• The last 3 levels aren’t finished

Other than that it is being close to finished. Thanks!

2 Likes

This game has mostly been developed to test mechanics but I think it ended up pretty fun, I a level doesn’t seem to end (Not sure how to fix) just select the next level.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if galaxian is running this anymore, but I guess its worth a try.

3 Likes

Whoops! I just realized this was a week old. Sorry about that! >.<"

Anyways, I might try to open up this thread to reviews again. I initially stopped because I was behind in school and had to focus on academics. Luckily, time and effort pays off, because I finished the year strong. Now that it is summer, I can try to squeeze in some time for reviewing games, though I cannot guarantee that I will finish it quickly.

Thank you for the submission @The_KWASM. I will try to get the review in as fast as possible. As for anyone else who submitted a game to this thread back when it was still up and running: I can still review your game if you ask me to do so.

4 Likes

No problem, I just thought your rating system was superb so I wanted to shoot my shot.

2 Likes

Trash VS Cash - By @The_KWASM

Review of Gameplay - Huh? Where is the title? I don’t see it anywhere. It must have gone off for a lunch break. Anyways, I managed to use trash bags and those cloaked creatures to defeat the enemies that were coming on screen. Not much to really say about the game other than it appears to be a tower defense game that closely resembles Plants VS Zombies.

Pros:

• Good song choice for the game, even if they are default songs for Flowlab.
  • A simple concept for a game.

Cons:

• Some players may want a tutorial. Or at least know what each of the “towers” can do.
  • So many enemies spawn at the same time, and since they all have so much health, they are quite tedious to defeat.

Art: [3] The art isn’t that well made, and the trash can tower uses one of the default sprites. Luckily, the art is not completely terrible, as it seems that there are plenty of good looking objects in this game.
Sound: [4] Even though the music is provided by Flowlab, it fits in well with the game. The sound effects are used pretty well, too.
Story: [X] This game contains no story, so this category will not be graded, nor included in the final grade.
Entertainment: [4] I have played a lot of tower defense style games (Bloons Tower Defense 6 is my current favorite), and I am a fan of the game genre. This game, despite being really repetitive at times, can be a lot of fun if you enjoy these types of games.
Originality: [2] This game seems and feels exactly the same as Plants VS Zombies, but unique enough in a way that it becomes it’s own experience. And I am talking about how the enemies aren’t just one specific species, and that the “plants” are replaced with garbage.
Difficulty: [3] This game is a mixture of very simplistic to frustratingly difficult. We don’t really get any hints as to what each tower does unless we actually begin to use it. The cloaked creatures (which now I just realized are “Faulty Salesmen”) seem to be the only source of money in the game, and they produce it slow. And finally, the enemies just have too much health for the numbers that they appear in. I nearly lost one round because there were so many Blue Orcs on top of each other, that it would take so many bullets just to eliminate one, and then watch as the rest tear down your defenses.

Total Score 3.2 / 5
Good work on this game, Lexmaier06. I have played this game before in the distant past, but never really paid much attention to the game until now. Though I will say that this game is good where it is, it needs some improvements on things like art, difficulty, and gameplay. This game has the potential to become a recognizable addition to the tower defense genre of games.

Congratulations, and thank you for your submission!

6 Likes

You actually reviewed it dang, You went all out and I thank you, i’ve just recently been redoing most things and is nowhere near done. But like great recommendations. (World 1 is the only world that is actually complete.)
But yet again thanks for the ideas.

4 Likes

This may be my best game ever. It certainly has the most replay-value out of any games I made afterwards. Could you please review it?

Forum link with extra information and memes
Taile Gamougg 3: Arguably the greatest Flowlab skeleton

2 Likes