Ghost Gunner - Dev Log

You’re welcome! Looking forward to epic gaming.

2 Likes

Wish I could spam this with likes (:

3 Likes

yo the sprite stack guns look epic.
cant wait for when this releases!!

3 Likes

Those spritestacked guns look incredible!! Can’t wait to see the full game!!

4 Likes

Are the tombstones sprite stacked also @Greggo

4 Likes

Yes, they appear to be sprite stacked

3 Likes

Hey, gang!

@sup3r87 thank you so much! Seeing your work in Galacdrive has really motivated me during this project.

@Pixel_Name1 the tombstones are also sprite stacked. Good eye!

I’m pretty much done the main campaign and am about to start a small side mode. I’m using this mode to test out the leaderboard feature in Flowlab because I really want to try it out. I also just realized I never mentioned how the gameplay has drastically changed from my original idea. In the beginning I said I wanted the game to be a rougelike dungeon crawler and that is definitely not what this is. This still has certain elements from dungeon crawlers but it’s moreso a top down action rpg like The Legend of Zelda. Of course, the game is a lot smaller than those games but you get the point.

Hope this doesn’t ruin the game for anyone.

(P.s. if the logo looks weird to you it will make more sense in action :wink:)

11 Likes

your game sounds super cool! cant wait for the release!

4 Likes

Hey, gang!

Just under a week until Ghost Gunner releases! I’m so excited for you all to see the game! This week will just be me playing through the game over and over so I can find any bug or oversight possible. This is usually the time when I get sick of looking at my games so much but hey it’s all apart of the process :sweat_smile:.

I’ve finished up most of the side mode which is called Gauntlet on the title screen. It’s essentially about lasting as long as you can in a small arena while enemies spawn every so often. Seems like the leaderboard is working well so I’m excited to see how many enemies you guys can handle!

Gotta get back to play testing!

I’m winning : )

8 Likes

wow the world record

5 Likes

Hey, gang!

Tomorrow’s the big day! Ghost Gunner will officially be ready for the world in less than 24 hours! I can’t wait for you guys to play it. Despite the release hurdling towards me, I still have a little bit left to do :sweat_smile:. Most of it is just a few tweaks to make so nothing super huge. I’m really proud of what I’ve been able to do with this game and despite it being a nice break project for me I’ve learned a lot from it.

Here’s to hoping the release goes well!

11 Likes

YES LETS GOOOOO, hoping it all goes well up to te release as well!

5 Likes

Hey, gang!

Today’s the big day! Ghost Gunner is officially out! It’s been a super fun month working on this and I hope it’s a fun little way to celebrate the Halloween season! Go take out ghosts, bats, and eyeballs with your candy corn blaster! Have fun trying to beat your score in Gauntlet mode! And be sure to have a happy Halloween!

I plan on continuing to update this game to make it the best it can be so feel free to leave feedback!

Thank you so much @rcreger for all your help with the music and gameplay feedback. You’ve made this game nothing but better!

Enjoy!

9 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITS OUT @EVERYONE

3 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

2 Likes

I loved the boss battle, will there be more?
also i recommend an option for right click to reload

3 Likes

i got 27 on my first gauntlet run (((:

3 Likes

I got a 30 on my first

4 Likes

i tied with greggo
although i think my end of the leaderboard is bugged, i just got 37 and it’s not showing up

4 Likes

greggo cannot be usurped lol

4 Likes