Ghost Gunner - Dev Log

I am happy for you! very cool!

2 Likes

Hey, gang!

Just a small update this time around. I’ve been working on little additions and features for polish and presentation. Here’s most of the notable additions:

• Icon to indicate which bullet type you are using next to the ammo
  • Fog effect in one of the mini gauntlets and the final boss
  • Death animation/effect for all enemies and there is a sfx to indicate when you hit an enemy

Things have been kinda slow because I’m focusing on reworking and improving a lot of systems as I begin to really expand Ghost Gunner. I want to get the base stuff worked out before I get knee-deep in the rest of the game. I’ve also been planning some major story stuff but I’ll get into that in the coming months probably. Just expect polishing and miscellaneous updates for a while as I work on a bunch of back door stuff.

Happy holidays!

8 Likes

Hey, gang!

:tada: Ghost Gunner made it to 10,000 plays! :tada:

That’s so incredible, thank you to everyone who is still enjoying the game! I also want to mention that with the Flowjam passing, I’ll be working more on Ghost Gunner again. I’ve been replaying the game and taking out some bugs and I’ve also switched the New Game and Continue buttons on the menu so people don’t accidentally select new game because they’re rushing (like I did a hundred times).

I really missed working on this. Thanks for playing and I hope you look forward to the next update!

10 Likes

Hey, gang!

Things are kinda slow for game development right now because it’s a pretty busy time of year for me. However, I’ve been pushing along with working on a new area in Ghost Gunner. Following the end of the year theme, this one will be representing December! I don’t have a lot to show because it’s all still pretty early in development but here’s a look a what it will be like:

I’m also trying to get a dash mechanic worked out so traveling the map is a bit more tolerable. I’ve tried out a lot of different dashes and I think I’m close to something I like. Hopefully I’ll be satisfied with something soon so you all can get from place to place faster!

12 Likes

That makes me wonder…how in the world does he hold a gun…I mean it takes a lot of energy for ghosts to hold stuff, so this ghost must be training with the jedi.

3 Likes

After careful consideration, I’ve decided that this is canon.

5 Likes

Hey, gang!

I haven’t had much time recently to work on Ghost Gunner but I’m working on the map and making new places to explore. Honestly, not a lot is gonna get done this month but hopefully April will be when things pick up again. Sorry for the slow development :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Looking great so far! Good luck!!

5 Likes

Hey, gang!

Busy time of year is officially winding down for me so I’ve got some more time to work in Ghost Gunner. Updates should be a little more frequent and good progress should start being made as I’ve got a good idea as to what this game is gonna look like.

Of course, anything could happen and things could slow down again or quicken but hopefully I’ll be as consistent as I can be.

Thanks for bearing with me!

Also I made a little background for the game’s page! Could be better but it was just a little something I whipped up because I was bored.

8 Likes

Hey, gang!

I’m wrapping up work on the winter section of the game! It’s coming together really well and I’m feeling good about the progress! Unfortunately I’ve been getting a bit distracted with a side project that will hopefully pan out, but more on that on another date. Hopefully the slowdown will fizzle out soon because I’m excited to start the next section of the game.

Anyways this was just a small check in that I felt was a little overdue. I’m gonna get back to work!

4 Likes

Hey, gang!

It’s been a hot minute.

With school wrapping up I’ve had a few things to take care of but I’m working on a brand-spanking-new laptop now so I’m excited to get work done on this thing. I’ve mostly been working on the structure of the game and what the progression is gonna look like, but I also have a little track to share! It’s a song that will most likely be used for a small village area in the game.

:musical_note: The Jolly Isle Few :musical_note:: https://tinyurl.com/2h3c42dn

I’m sorry things are still a bit slow but development certainly isn’t stopping!

6 Likes

Hey, gang!

Development is chugging along! I’ve been working on a little ability that you’ll need to discover new areas and it’s just about complete. I’ll probably have to tweak it a bit later down the line but for now I think it’ll do. Once it’s out, players can kick back, relax, and enjoy a lazy river ride in a bubble :relieved: :

8 Likes

Hey, gang!

Good news! Development for Ghost Gunner is up and going again now that the Flowjam is over!

Bad news! The game is a little broken with how you spawn in the forest level so player beware. I’ve been working a lot on the intersection levels in the game and noticed that the spawn system I’m using was never implemented in the forest level. That level still uses the spawn system I made for Ghost Gunner’s first release, which is just duck tape and glue :joy:.

It should be all good in a day or two!

7 Likes

Awesome, u go!
You are really pushing to finish this game, its great to see :blush:

4 Likes

Hey, gang!

With work starting on a new section of the game, I whipped up another addition to the soundtrack! I’m not sure where all this motivation to work is coming from but I’m doing my best to capitalize on it and get through the thick of the game. This next section isn’t a huge part of the game so it hopefully won’t take too long but you never know with game design!

:musical_note: Cave Waltz :musical_note:: BeepBox

5 Likes