GrimReviewZ (Grand Reopening)

Ok @ManiacPumpkin also congrats on the Flowjam 2020 plastic trophy

The Facility

Intro = 1/1 Just neat and stuff so yeah

Links/Info = 1/1 Good stuff

Game Play =1/3 there’s not much game play but mainly exploring but its pretty “NEAT”

Art =2/2 Hippity hoppity looks like you stole some ones property but “NO” your just really good so yeah “NEAT’

Gui =1/2 Manila just the guch

The Rest = 1/1 Cool beans brO

Total = 7/10

Mainly just need more game play and interactibals.

Awesome, thanks for the review, but what do you mean by Manila just the guch? I don’t want to be rude, but you might want to increase your spelling a bit, lol.

@GrimProductionZ just some advice.

You need to make your reviews longer! Your reviews look like you really don’t care. And you say the same couple of things for most of them, and I think if you put your real opinion people would want to come here more often!

Example:

Ok @ManiacPumpkin also congrats on the Flowjam 2020 plastic trophy

The Facility

Intro = 1/1 I think its really cool, but you could defiantly improve on_________________

Links/Info = 1/1 I like it! Not much to improve on here, but I’d like to see some______________

Game Play =1/3 there’s not much game play but mainly exploring is really cool! Maybe add some___________

Art =2/2 It’s looking really good so far, but maybe you should add a little_____________

Gui =1/2 I’m not seeing much here, but what I do see I like! Maybe you could touch up a couple of things like the__________________

The Rest = 1/1 I really like it! overall it is looking really good for a game in these early stages! BUT you really need some_________________________________________________

Total = 7/10 You just need some_______________and you’ll have a bright future ahead of you!

@GrimProductionZ I don’t mean to be rude, but @Ramshacklegamestudios is right. I was looking for a bit more feedback on my game and felt cheated on it a little bit. But I can tell that you’re not really used to reviewing games much so I won’t be too harsh. If you are going to review games, you need to play the game for a decent amount of time to find any bugs, missing details, and even features you would like to see in the game.

Also I wouldn’t mind being a game reviewer myself cause I think I would be somewhat decent at that, but I just don’t have any time anymore since School started up. Just follow up on what @Ramshacklegamestudios said and you should be good.

Also, one recommendation is to rank everything out of ten like Intro would be out of 10 and Art, ect, so then you add up all of the numbers that someone got out of ten and divide it by ten for their final score. The way you’re doing it seems like a school rubric for a project and doesn’t seem very accurate. I mean, taking the role of a game reviewer is pretty hard since you have to be harsh on some reviews and tell the “victim” exactly what you think of the game.

I would put my game up on the chopping block, but it isn’t even close to finished. Well, I guess Bullet Madness will live to fight another day!..?

I dont even know bro the dumb auto correct lol

Can you give me a link to the game please

Ok @spencertheball i am sorry for the wait please forgive me i know i said 5 hours or less but i had a lot of work to do at school plus i did not know i was going to have a bond fire with my family at 8:00 random event i guess, anyway here is your score.

Bulletin Madness

Intro = 4/10 You don’t have much of an intro but i did like how you added a main menu, a lot of people don’t add intros or main menus to their game until it is I’m very far development or almost finished with the game so good job. It would be very good if you would improve on making an intro like having a screen that would fade in and out having your development name then many a loading screen after that would be a nice feature.

Links/Info = 2/10 You basically have no info on the game. You did have info on the bottom of the screen but i would imply that in the game itself for a better feel. I also loved how you had a update version at the bottom, in my entire time I’ve been on Flowlab.io I have never seen this in a game, which it is an amazing feature that i hope more people will follow you. What you could add is a credits page for all the people who worked on the game, and of course a how to play page which could just be a pop up since the controls are pretty simple.

Game Play =1/10 There’s not a lot game play. You mainly just move and dodge bullets, it seems like there are 2 different modes but they are the same thing. What you be cool for you to add is many different stages of gameplay which could have faster repeating bullets and moving guns, and also maybe explosives would be cool and more of a challenge.

Art =3/10 You do have art in the game so thumbs up for that. I would like to see you make different art for fifer this bullets and guns and try to keep with the same style.

Gui = 8/10 Your GUI is great in the right spots and fits the game perfectly. You need to have one font though, I’ve notice that your title is a different font than the demo font which kind of looks unprofessional then once you add that then Gucci.

Extras =0/10 You don’t really have anything unique in your game which this could include shops different game modes and difficulty’s this would be nice and I would love to see that in the future of your game

Sound = 0/10 You did not have any sound which is ok because you probably shout have it in this development stage of your game. But when you get to it i would love to see music with mutes functions plus cool sound effects to the game like shooting and explosions, also could have a sound for when you click a button or reach a new stage.

Your Average Rating = 4/10 yeah umm planning on adding more ratings up till 10 so it would be easier for me to average it plus it would make sense since i had to divide by 70 instead of 100 so yeah any ideas for what i should rate in the game i could really use 3 more please. Any way so like great job on your game i can’t wait for you to come back after you updated your game A lot more to get a better score, it is coming a long great and can’t wait to see what comes of it.

see @GrimProductionZ! Now that is a review!

Yes it is very good umm any ideas for three more ratings cuz I don’t know

Hey, thank you for the honest review! Obviously the game is a heavy work in progress so most everything is a placeholder, the different demo modes had been messed up so they were the same level, I fixed this already. I am in the process of adding much more including accelerating rockets that explode into bullets as well as nee enemy patterns and more bullet types as well, I will work on an actual level system soon.

Why cant we use decimals aaaaaaa

Yeah decimals will definitely help

hey grim haven’t seen ya in a while!

@witherdragon4 HOW HAVE YOU BEEN, long time no see aye.

im tired i stayed up all night improving my game but nothing improved

Well, since this is reopened I might as well do something here
Can you try my game Bullet Madness again?
(im too lazy to go get the link, but you can find it here)

I don’t think @GrimProductionZ will be able to review your game. Since he got flagged so many times I don’t think he is able to type or post anything on here. He can message people, but he just can’t reply to topics. At least thats what he told me.

ah, alright, got it
(DANGT flowlab this is the one time ive had a problem with 20 characters)

can i have help with my character diamond bat in the grass adventure it wont flip when it hits the wall how do i fix that?