** HEADS UP! FORUM CHANGES COMING **

i don’t see any of my old messages

Well, I have some problems:

1. I really liked how we had the messages and all the settings at the left and the discussions and messages at the right.
  2. I don’t see any of my older messages. I really need them back. I liked the conversation!

But also notice, that if you go to http://198.74.55.145/forums/ you will see how it was before. But, if you click on anything else, it will say 404 not found.

Ok?

TommyPL

I have 4 questions:

1. When did you make flowlab?
  2. When did you make the flowlab community?
  3. When did you change the flowlab community?
  4. And when do you think you will change it back?

When I go to the messages, it says no topics found. I would like somebody to help me get them back.

1. Flowlab was born about 10 years ago
  2. The original forum (phpBB) was added about that time
  3. The original forum was updated after a year or two to use Vanilla forums, and was then upgraded again this summer to use Discourse
  4. Not ever going back to Vanilla or phpBB, sorry :frowning:
1 Like

@grazer What Does The phpBB Forums Look Like?

@TommyPL sorry, but were never going back to vanilla

Direct messages (DM) are gone, these were tied to the account on the forum instead of the forum itself. Any discussions/post made on the old forum are still here.

The posts, format, messages, search, and set up is better here with more uses and features. There is also more to your own profiles.

pixelknife31: The link is http://198.74.55.145/forums/

grazer: Do you think you will change to something new again years later?

1 Like

I don’t plan to change it again. One reason that I like Discourse is that it can be better integrated into the site, for example the shared avatar images. Also, it’s just way better overall.

1 Like

That’s pretty sad because:

1. I really REALLY liked how it was before
  2. I can’t find my messages.

I have some questions:

1. Grazer, are you really the one who changed flowlab?
  2. Did you make flowlab community?
  3. Maybe you could create the Vanilla and phpBB, AND keep this new one.

I really wish you would keep it that way. How come you changed it?

TommyPL

I remember that the old forums had some tedious issues, including security holes that finally pushed grazer to migrate to discourse.

1 Like

Hey @TommyPL,

Sorry, but the old forums sucked and they aren’t coming back :frowning:

The new one is better in every way, so hopefully you grow to like it eventually.

2 Likes

But grazer, I asked “Are you really the one who migrated everything to Discourse?”

And maybe someday you can let me see the messages because it still says “no topics found”. I really want them.

So if I ever make a discussion set and a message set, I am going to keep it like it was before September 2020. Ok?

Hey grazer, can you respond please, and, I also see that you changed the font in the game creator. I really liked the pixel font. Can you please put it back to that font?

Hey @TommyPL - you’ve got to stop living in the past my friend. Here in the future we have better forums and anti-aliased vector fonts. I don’t mean to upset you, but you may be horrified to find out that there are even more changes coming soon!

6 Likes

Wow, maybe I should have used flowlab before 2019 because I was nervous about those changes in September this year.

And, can we make a new discussion and talk what future changes you will make?

Hey @TommyPL, feel free to make a new thread to discuss the future direction of Flowlab. I can say with some degree of confidence that the next update will be a significant update to the behavior editor, with some new datatypes and other improvements. After that we’ll probably have a small update or two for bugfixes and minor tweaks, then the next planned big update is to improve the sprite editor.

3 Likes