How do I make good game

How do I make good game guys pls help me

6 Likes

search up some tutorials cuz I’m not sure how to answer

2 Likes

Omfg part 4 is my favourite part!1!1!
But seriously though, that is a difficult question. I think you should ask someone who’s made a good game before, like @rcreger, @Recryptech, or @Greggo. (sorry for the pings if you’re busy I understand)

3 Likes

It takes a lot of practice to get anywhere, but if you put the effort in, and enjoy it, you’ll notice steady improvement. Just keep working on projects and you’ll always get better in different areas. And of course, you also need good ideas that excite you to create a game. No point in making a game you hate. The planning part of a game is important as it sets the direction of the rest of your time on the project. Coming up with a good game is subjective and incredibly difficult. Just keep trying your best, and you’ll get there :+1:

6 Likes

Trying not to repeat what @Recryptech said, also focus on considering what makes your game unique. What aspect or mechanic makes your game standout. Once you get that, work on perfecting it and build your game around that unique aspect.

6 Likes

Participate in a game jam. It forces you to make fast decisions and to incorporate elements you might not normally use. Also since a jam is typically only a week long or so, you will learn lots about time management, idea management, idea sacrifice and how to put an idea together fast. Even if you don’t finish, there is always something valuable to learn.

Also do some of your work on paper. It’s a lot easier to organize ideas and keep track of what you’re doing and in what order. Nearly every game I work on has extensive dev notes and diagrams. Here’s a quick peek at the madness from a week-long Halloween jam that @TinkerSmith and I are working on.

6 Likes

Omg paper is the OG.
Literally all I did back in the day was design concepts to games using paper :sweat_smile:
Especially WGB…

2 Likes