How do you feel about the following features?

I think you can add the social media button, but it’s not a priority.

I really like the mobile app idea! I think it encourages people to make more games.

I would be willing to make Rise into a mobile version if you do make the app.

1 Like

Thanks for responding, but a simple “yes” isn’t really super helpful. Any feature that gets built has to take priority over some other different feature.

What I’m looking for are your thoughts about why these features are worth prioritizing over other important updates, and how you would personally use them.

3 Likes

Also, Grazer do you have any tips or ideas where I could try to publish Rise?

Can you create a new discussion for that question? I have some ideas, and maybe others will too.

1 Like

I think the Mobile App Arcade is a brilliant idea! That sounds like a fantastic way for us to export games ‘a little closer to home’.
As for social media, that feels like a good way to get the game to many people to test. This use would be good on Instagram, as that site is practically built for sharing creative projects.

4 Likes

Yeah sorry, I just thought it was kind of related to the discussion.

Hey maybe in the next update you could fix the undo button in the sprite editor

1 Like

If there were a flowlab arcade, I’d use it all the time! I’ve already developed a game, Notes and Waves, i mn case that ever happened lol.

The share feature? I’d share my games. I’d also love a review feature!’ Maybe that’s only for verified accounts, though…?

2 Likes

mumble mumble mobile controls arcade mumble mumble

2 Likes

I want them in.I won’t use them.
Social media sharing is cool because you can send the game to a friend.
Flowlab Arcade is a cool mobile app for mobile Flowlab games.

Social media sharing would technically be a good way to share our games but the number of people that would use it would render the feature useless, most of us don’t use those social media platforms based on what people have been saying. Other than that if set up correctly it could work out well but I think most of us would prefer other updates over this.

The arcade future would be really cool to have. It would work kind of like a game jam, it would motivate people to create more games, the only problem is that it would be semi-pay-gated. What I mean by that is people with free accounts can still make small arcade games but it would take a whole game space that could be used for a bigger game, those with inde would not have to worry about that because they have infinite game.
I would suggest that you could create a program of sorts that gives people one arcade game slot, arcade game slots act like any other game slot but you have fewer objects to work with. Of course, this would be much more difficult to achieve since you can’t just hand out free game slots but if there was a way for those who have already made amazing games but don’t have any more slots to still participate in it. This is just a suggestion so take it with a grain of salt since it would probably take much more time and effort to implement these features and other things should be prioritized over this.
Other than that the arcade future could be a good way to help fund other features if you added ads.

2 Likes

@glowbug if I pay for features that I can only use when my game isn’t public what’s the point of paying?

3 Likes

Games for a public app aren’t pay gated, it’s just easier with a subscribtion. That’s the point of a subscribtion.

Anyways, we all want to support grazer!

In addition to that, mobile abilities like shake and admob are only for subscribers. That’s undermining the whole thing Grazer did with paying for mobile controls.

Finally, you also have to take into consideration that most people that actually care about the quality of their game can spend a little money to make it better. If there were a cheaper subscribtion with less features than indie, say, no infinite games and no infinite blocks, but a lot more games and blocks, and small upgrades like that, Grazer would get more money and it’d be less, as you say it, “pay gated,” because more can afford to pay.

Hope that all made sense lol.

3 Likes

@glowbug been typing for about ten minutes now, be prepared for a book and a half.

4 Likes

Yeah, I completely understand and agree, I apologize if I sounded like I was complaining. I just wanted to bring up that point without saying, “hey we won’t be able to do this cause we didn’t pay and we don’t have any space for more games”, that’s why I said to take it with a grain of salt since it takes a lot for grazer to do all of this, reading it again I know it wasn’t really necessary to put it there or bring it up, I just wanted to say something. Sorry again if it was a bit insensitive of me.

Also @ManiacPumpkin no, I’m not typing up a book, I’m just really bad at communicating with people so I take waaay too much time deleting and re typing things since I ever rarely talk to anyone, actually now that I think about it I talk more on here then I do with my parents which is kinda sad…

4 Likes

I appreciate the thoughtful feedback, @glowbug :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has been suggested a bunch of times, but I think the biggest blocker is no real agreement on how it could work. Maybe you could start a new topic with your thoughts, and we can discuss potential approaches for that?

2 Likes

A topic about how @Johnny_boy should add mobile controls to Rise?

1 Like

Yeah, no need to apologize - it is kind of related, but I think it would be a good discussion to have on its own that would be helpful for everyone.

I’m not going to type a whole paragraph like glowbug here lol, but I definitely think that the mobile arcade would be awesome. Although would never use the social sharing.

2 Likes