How do you feel about the following features?

@grazer it’s a meme we’ve made where 10+ people want Johnny to add mobile controls lol, your mobile controls work great

1 Like

I’d like a keyboard like I have said but it’s not gonna kill me if I don’t get it lol.

1 Like

The iPad Pro has a keyboard, so would PC controls work on it?

Yes it would.

2 Likes

I see your point, adding a share shortcut would help many users. As well, I still think a dedicated screenshot download would help. Better than screenshots and crop I would say.

I think everyone agrees and interested on what you have planned for the arcade app, this kind of app could be really nice for something for all stores. I can see separate apps for mobile and desktop markets and would help share Flowlab more accessibly.

6 Likes

Social media’s kind of a meh idea, but as for the arcade…

It’s awesome!

Being able to share your games on a mobile device is genius. Many people have tried to make a game with multiple games (and some succeeded), but this takes things to a whole other level! I recommend adding filters like recently added, trending, popular, most likes, most views, etc. It would make an amazing experience, look forward to it!

3 Likes

I’d also like to see the application system or whatever you’re planning to do to filter the games.

1 Like

I would love to see a Flowlab Arcade app and would absolutely love developing for it. I don’t have anything already made that I could tweak for it but I have some upcoming projects that could totally go on there. It would also be a great showcase of what you can accomplish on Flowlab.

As for social media sharing, that would be a convenient feature but not one I personally would take advantage of.

4 Likes

I think the social media is an ok idea, Twitter I think would be good for that. As for the mobile arcade is a great idea I would love to make a handful of mobile games.

2 Likes

I think the idea if social media is alright, But the idea having Flowlab on mobile sound great, I love to see a handful mobile game on the app.

2 Likes

At the same time I don’t know how the arcade would work, if someone wanted their game published on the appstore, would they have to publish it to the flowlab arcade now? and not get profits?

I think it would be another option for exporting like the AppStore, itch, steam, etc.

Well, none of us yet know how it would work - which is why we’re having this discussion right now :smiley:

I don’t intend to take anything away, or restrict any existing export methods, or anything like that. I also definitely don’t plan on telling anybody that they have to (or can’t do) anything at all. I’m just trying to find new ways for developers to more easily distribute your games.

Flowlab only succeeds when the developers using it succeed, so that’s my goal. I’m not yet sure how the monetization would work in an arcade-like setting, or even if there would be monetization at all. I’ve just been trying to figure out if people would like the idea of an app like this, but it seems like the response so far is pretty positive.

10 Likes

Yeah, if you put it up that way it could expand the community and bring more users in.

But if you did maybe like a monetization system to go through, not just posting a game whenever someone feels like it, because there’s a lot of games on flowlab that are just useless and memed games.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that any mechanism that gets set up would probably only have approved games. At the very least there would have to be a way to determine that the included games:

• Work on mobile
  • Are complete & playable in general
  • Have the developer’s permission to include

There may be more, but those are requirements I can think of offhand.

11 Likes

Maybe you could have a board of four or five people. Not that serious lol, just to check the game’s functionality for each device.

1 Like

I could since I’m always on ipad, but I can’t play really big games cause it tends to crash my device, lol.

2 Likes

Same lol, I could do the newer android models.

I have a galexy s20 I could probelbly help

Ooh I love Samsung, It’s much better than Apple.

3 Likes