How to make a leader board :/

Game link:

Hello, my name is jonathan3908 and i was wondering if some people could help me make a leader board. I have found grazers example but it didn’t work, what i need the high score to do is save how many coins you’ve gotten in my game except save the number into the next level instead of resetting to 0. What im also trying to do is have it so theres a leader board at the end that shows your score and then you type your name in and it saves the coin score.

1 Like

Unrelated to the topic, but here’s a tip: Don’t use your real name as a username. There have been a few sickos on these forums cough Haevoc cough that watch the forums a lot, even after they get banned. Ask grazer to change your name by making a new topic and saying “@grazer can you please change my name to [new name]”

2 Likes

Hey, I made an example here: Leaderboard Example!

1 Like

and wowzie that games good (and hard)

That example works thank you but im also trying to figure out how to keep the score between levels

Ive worked on it alot

So how will i make it so that the high score stays the same through levels instead of resetting to zero

Use saves, cloud or globals.

oh…
ill try that thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem.
Saves are saved to the computer you’re using, so it’ll never go away on that pc no matter what, if you go to a different level or if you close the game. Clouds are the same, but they save to everybody’s. computer. Globals are just numbers that don’t reset in between levels.

I might use both globals and clouds

1 Like

because if i only do saves it will only save on my computer but i want the people that play it have their own high score that i can see

dude this game is actually not bad it is really hard tho lol

2 Likes

Yeah i think i should make it a bit easier lol

1 Like

yea

but how do i make it easier, some how some like 6 year olds speedran it in like 5 min

bra what im 13 and i cant even get past the 1st level

HAHA keep trying you can do it, im the same age i just practice

1 Like

dw man my friend cant get past the 1st level either

1 Like

:rofl:its freaking hard

1 Like