I might be posting a game on steam

Yessir. For those of you who saw my comment, yes, this was totally based off of @CrimsonBlackGames’s idea.

I JUST NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO UPLOAD A GAME

Pls, help. I am new to steam and don’t know s(hoo)t

3 Likes

Don’t ask me I don’t know how…in fact I think the only person who really can is crimsonblack himself, or maybe Grazer

3 Likes

I do believe it’s NOT free whatsoever, and a game will not succeed on there anyways unless it has a large fan base and is free with in-app purchases, or is above $15 :slight_smile:

Itch.IO is a much better choice to go if you want to upload games… unless you’re planning to go professional (like @CrimsonBlackGames has for many different platforms)

2 Likes

Steam requires a 100 dollar deposit that must be paid for every game you release. Then you must give them artwork based on their many, MANY dimensions.

I’ll be honest, it is very, very hard to do.

On the plus side, after a threshold of profits are made, your will get your 100 paid back to you

5 Likes

Ok, one more question:
What type of game would a flowlab game be, then?
Would it be downloadable or something like HTML?

2 Likes

HTML, and JR_01 has a whole topic related to this. But it might help to start a new topic for better results.

(You need an html index file that he has set up, then you put the link into the file and change it, but again, it’s on a GitHub and I don’t have the link right now).

1 Like

For steam specifically, it would need to be downloadable.

HTML is for website markets such as itch.io and newground.com, you can also do downloadable but that’s not available for free users, and it’s better to load the game on the website instead of making someone download the game. Steam only has the download option.

Also the Github @00T_Free mentioned is my repository, I’ll leave a link below if anyone want to export to HTML onto web browser stores like itch:
How to embed onto itch or Newgrounds

1 Like