How to embed onto itch or Newgrounds!

I’ve made a zip folder with detailed instructions on how to make Flowlab games playable on sites like itch and Newgrounds. You’ll need to read through the README.txt and the HowTo.txt.

You can download it here on Github:

13 Likes

Nice! I was just thinking I might embed a game on newgrounds a few days ago but I didn’t know how.

3 Likes

Im not sure if this is relevant but maybe just copy and paste the embed code into the websites coding?

1 Like

If the website supports the embed like Wix,
but no, you have to upload a zip file on sites like itch and newgrounds.

1 Like

Yeah no also i was thinking about my website lol (not powered by wix) anyway if u do insepct and you know where to put it u probs can (if ur a coder) sorry if im not being much help its just that i like to try and help :laughing:

I’m not asking for help, I’m telling on how to do this. This discussion is for feedback about my Github or if anyone is stuck on the instructions I made on how to do this.

If you need help on using the embed code for your sites too, you can ask here and we can see what to do. I just know this is what you can do for sites like itch and newgrounds.

I just got my game on newgrounds and itch because of this! my only complaint was that it was a bit difficult to figure out what i was supposed to download on Github

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a bit weird on downloading on github, that’s also why I made an arrow in the descriptions:
“Download by going to Releases →”

2 Likes

I don’t know what any of this means or how to do it.

1 Like

There are instructions in the folder, the “HowTo.txt” are the steps to do it and “README.txt” are guides if you’re confused on the steps.

In the how to? file it says to drag the index.html file into the index folder but, i don’t see a index folder?

There should’ve been an empty folder called index. If there is no folder, you can create a new one and call it index.

thanks i was at first looking at the normal game files and i found… something

fatcow is just a library of icons that Flowlab uses (mostly in the editor)

3926 Free "Farm-Fresh Web Icons" by FatCow Web Hosting

thanks but it’s still funni for some reason

yo uh the camera in my game isnt working on newgrounds. is there a fix for tht?

4 Likes

This is possibly an export bug

You don’t export anything with HTML. You simply link to it.

2 Likes

Eh I wouldn’t know because I haven’t put any of my games up on Newgrounds.

• It could be a bug with the way the game renders
  • The HTML embed code
  • Or the game itself,

but I’m not sure.

1 Like

I made an update to the GitHub, I figured out how to remove the extra spacing in embed games and I added little more clear instructions to the steps. Also, now when you upload a game with HTML, you can use the correct game size for the width and height.

image image

2 Likes