Ideas for publishing

Hey guys, I’ve been looking for some ideas on where to publish Rise

Does anyone have any good online games websites or other ideas where I can publish?
(I don’t think I want to publish it to places like itch where you can download it)

Thanks!

2 Likes

JR_01 can tell you how to put a game on itch.io
If you do his method your game will only be playable in browser, not downloadable.

3 Likes

The Google Play Store

2 Likes

Mobile Controls…

Appstore

1 Like

Mobile controls, appstore.
If for some reason you still don’t want your game to succeed as a mobile viral hit then you can publish it on Newgrounds and Itch.io, potentially making a bit of cash too.

1 Like

I would suggest Itch.io and Newgrounds if you want to go further on to google play I would suggest cloning it for a mobile version which would also come in handy for the flowlab mobile arcade which may be coming out.

4 Likes

Steam Or itch.io

1 Like

I’ll just reiterate some of what others have already said:

Itch.io doesn’t require the game to be downloadable
NewGrounds is focused on browser games
Game Jolt seems like a decent place to publish your game

and of course, I would love to see a Flowlab game on Steam since to my knowledge nobody has ever published there (I think it costs like 100 bucks?)

4 Likes

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I’m thinking about GameJolt as a decent option. I will try to put it on Itch also.

1 Like

A hundred bucks to be able to publish? Jeez, as if Steam didn’t make enough money already

3 Likes

After ive finished making my new game and redone it im probably gonna go steam- only becus everyone ik downloads from steam and not braggn but i got money 2 spare.

1 Like

I will say Newgrounds is harsh and will criticize all corners of the game. I just started using Jolt but I haven’t found the appeal in it yet. What I really recommend is using itch and it doesn’t require download. Itch also has a great dashboard to see how much your games are getting played.

Here is my topic on how to make games playable on other sites:

3 Likes

It’s just a down payment so no bad games are just thrown in willy nilly, but if your game makes a certain amount of revenue (I think $1000) then you get the $100 back from Steam. It’s just insurance, really.

2 Likes