Improving my art Journey

same bro

5 Likes

You guys made me realize that I need to work on my art again, but as with everything else I’m putting it on hold until I finish my game

4 Likes

If I post my code here would that count as art?

1 Like

idc, it’s your topic

1 Like

Beauty is to the beholder or something like that

1 Like

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)
Made using the Example made by @thebrickccentric

I just modified it a little to have different colors and made it so I can adjust the height required to change colors.
And yes, you could use the Enable behavior to make the mountains or water solid while keeping the grass walkable. I’ll probably use this eventually in a game

7 Likes

Really like how this one turned out

sr2b5fe1c2d662c

9 Likes

That looks amazing :star_struck:

4 Likes

Wow thats super cool!

2 Likes

That looks insane! you should make a game out of that kind of vibe

2 Likes

I am! I’m using it for the cotton game jam

3 Likes

pixilart-drawing (2)
Sorry that it’s so small! I forgot to download it as a larger gif.
I know what you’re probably thinking, “How can someone be so good at code and art, it’s unfair”, well not that one, the other thought. Yeah, that one. “It needs to be a little more impactful. Also, a dust effect would probably look nice”

Well, I say to that, I’ll probably add that with some behaviors later.

6 Likes

Oh wow, apparently my Cave art is going “viral” on pixilart. I just logged on to find I had 43 notifications of people liking this lol

4 Likes

Not art related, pixilart just shows what your art would look like on a product and now I want this

6 Likes

:0, I want that too, except there should be some monsters at the bottom of the jug just staring up at you

4 Likes

pixilart-drawing (9)

Potential concept art as a cover for my game! What do you think of it and how could I improve it?

Also, here the "timelapse" of it

sr223113607c9a7

7 Likes

I think it is good, but I have no idea what the thing covered in vines is.

2 Likes

It’s meant to be a book, I just did a really bad job on showing that
:melting_face:

3 Likes

“book” looks weird against the highly detailed vines, maybe a bit more consistent pixel size…?

3 Likes

Yeah, I was going to do that later, I’m not entirely sure how I want it to look so I just left it pretty blank.

3 Likes