Improving my art Journey

That looks insane! you should make a game out of that kind of vibe

2 Likes

I am! I’m using it for the cotton game jam

3 Likes

pixilart-drawing (2)
Sorry that it’s so small! I forgot to download it as a larger gif.
I know what you’re probably thinking, “How can someone be so good at code and art, it’s unfair”, well not that one, the other thought. Yeah, that one. “It needs to be a little more impactful. Also, a dust effect would probably look nice”

Well, I say to that, I’ll probably add that with some behaviors later.

6 Likes

Oh wow, apparently my Cave art is going “viral” on pixilart. I just logged on to find I had 43 notifications of people liking this lol

4 Likes

Not art related, pixilart just shows what your art would look like on a product and now I want this

6 Likes

:0, I want that too, except there should be some monsters at the bottom of the jug just staring up at you

4 Likes

pixilart-drawing (9)

Potential concept art as a cover for my game! What do you think of it and how could I improve it?

Also, here the "timelapse" of it

sr223113607c9a7

7 Likes

I think it is good, but I have no idea what the thing covered in vines is.

2 Likes

It’s meant to be a book, I just did a really bad job on showing that
:melting_face:

3 Likes

“book” looks weird against the highly detailed vines, maybe a bit more consistent pixel size…?

3 Likes

Yeah, I was going to do that later, I’m not entirely sure how I want it to look so I just left it pretty blank.

3 Likes

pixil-frame-0 (38)

7 Likes

not very remiscent of pixel art, but it sure does look cool.

2 Likes

also, @CodeAlpaca have you seen these?: Pixel Art Tutorials - Saint11

I mean, it is all pixel art. The sprite is 128x160

1 Like

Yes I have, why do you ask?

1 Like

just wondering because they’re really good and anyone who hasn’t seen them should

pixilart-drawing (11)

7 Likes

woah that looks so 3d

2 Likes

ty, the sprite is 160x256 pixels (actually a little smaller than this, but the flowlab sprite is 5x8)

3 Likes