In the Dark: Playtime World (Updates-And More!)

Something cool, but has maybe a spoiler alert thingie? Idk.

Well, if No one really checked how many chapters there are, the game is planned for a total of

8 Chapters

Yup, cool right?

5 Likes

Dang, 8 chapters? This is going to be a big game (probably).

2 Likes

Yes, I planned this game 5 months after I joined flowlab, but couldn’t make it no, now I can.

2 Likes

But there is a side game I’m working on for a jam, which ended, but still I am making it, but this is totally the game I am totally focused on.

2 Likes

did it before can do it again.
No one can stop me from datamining not even YOU.
that last one was pretty clever though.
but,i had noticed this
deleted the level and proceeded to play chapter 2.

2 Likes

I added it so it pauses if the level is deleted

2 Likes

hhhmmm,thaen ill delete the code that does that.

2 Likes

LMAO

4 Likes

I am good at preventing dataminers, with something you call cough coding.

4 Likes

and im good at cough deleting coding.

2 Likes

I’m good at hiding objects so you can’t find the code.

1 Like

and im good at cough checking every single object.

1 Like

I will hide it then.

2 Likes

There is a way to lock every level from being played unless you have a specific code.

Johnny_boy did it for his one game cause I tried playing a level through the editor because his game wasn’t public yet.

Although I don’t know how you prevent people from actually looking through the code, but he had a system that would take you to a Lock Screen when you tried playing any level from the editor. I thought it was a pretty unique idea, but after a half hour of digging around, I was able to decode it and get past it.

Hopefully there’s a system in the future where you can disable players looking through the code so they can’t cheat and stuff.

2 Likes

Hang on, I thought I saw someone who HAD a game where you could play, but you couldn’t view the code. A demo of it was released within the last week or so, I think.

2 Likes

Found the game with private code

Here’s the thread that goes along with it

2 Likes

Welp you know what Imma do.

3 Likes

I didn’t even know about it. Sadly I’m on my phone currently, but I’ll check it out when I get the chance.

3 Likes

I think the best way to hide a game is to have a critical object to that level have code inside of it to take them to the level before (Once → User Info → Text Compare → Text to Number → Load Level or Restart Game)

3 Likes

Also making an infinite loop is a good way to stop them from looking at the game, or making a machine that crashes the game (Similar to the infinite loop). If you want any more tricks I can DM you

2 Likes