Integrated Meme Technology in Flowlab

1 Like

Well, you can add memes if you have a picture file of it, you can replace blocks with imported pictures, like in the last(secret level) of my game Rocket: Flowlab Game Creator - Rocket

(not to advertise)
Edit: the picture at the end is my YT logo

1 Like

I pushed a crate onto the death block and died. I myself didn’t touch the death block at all. By the way, its not a secret if you told me. Also its very easy to find; literally the first thing I noticed in the game. Cool game though, but you really should ask for help and look at examples.

I know, but it would be nice to have dedicated meme features in Flowlab.

Well, the crates are filled with food, if you destroy the food, the people(you can’t see) in the spaceship will kill you:)

1 Like

btw, I posted a topic last weekend and no one responded:(

here’s the link: 5 Positions Available

1 Like

You can use the URL behavior to link a website

2 Likes

I tried that but its not very immersive

1 Like

Yeah, me too. But I think the way I did was fine.

1 Like

Yeah, but I’m talking about a system that auto-updates memes from the selected website. Sort of like a live feed. I plan on creating a subreddit for my game series and allowing people to see the subreddit’s posts being updated live in game.

Oh, ok, I understand.

1 Like

Sounds it would be better to embed something like this in the comments instead of any benefits having it inside a game.

3 Likes

But there are no comments yet. Also why do you think that? Curious.

I mean descriptions, I just dont see this being used in a game.

2 Likes

Oh. Yeah I see. But then the player would have to scroll down. Also the controls and description would get even more confusing.

Sorry to revive but I would like to resubmit this idea and let newer users give their opinion as well

From what I’m understanding from your post, I think we already have this sort of thing. We just don’t have an official meme-sharing system implemented by anyone related to Flowlab (like Grazer or Mhx Aîr for example).

There are already a couple of ways to share memes in the way you described:

• Use the URL behavior in games to send users to webpages that may display memes.
  • Upload an image of a meme into a sprite in-game (I’ve seen you and a few other users do this a lot).
  • If a meme is auditory, you can upload a sound file of the meme into the game and have it play whenever you choose (something I’ve also seen you and others do).
  • Paste an image of the meme in the description of your game.
  • Post the memes on the forums (already happens, and it even has its own topic).
  • Post the memes on the Discord server (I’m not on the Discord server but I’m positive you guys do this over there).

All of these I listed above are already possible, so I’m pretty sure you already have what you’re asking for. Unless you want there to be a separate page that shows a bunch of Flowlab memes. Then that’s a different story.
It’s up to Grazer if he wants to add this, but with memes being posted on the forums and Discord anyways, it may not be a big priority. Plus, the Flowlab Main Website is for you to create your games and learn how to do it. The Flowlab Forums is where users hang out, talk to each other about game development, and post whatever is appropriate; that includes posting memes.

3 Likes

Perhaps grazer approved Flowlab memes could have their own page on the website, idk. What I am asking for in the OP is a feature like a meme behavior that let’s you manually upload memes, resize and crop like Google Slides, and even automatically update like a Discord channel that you have made to follow an announcement channel from another server (if you are in my discord server then you can see this happen every day with the #pgr-news channel).

1 Like

So you want a behavior that lets people upload memes to their own games?

1 Like

meme integration
maybe a file embed behavior?

2 Likes