John Shrekinson's Awkwardly Simple Reviews (Truly simple and awkward now!)

I forgot to mention it’s also not about sound.

1 Like

No suggestions?

1 Like

No, not really. Well, except for the body being a little too big for the limbs and head, but yeah, no.

All things have and explanation.

1 Like

Also I don’t know if you knew or not, i’m just going to assume you did but just in case the head and front arm follow your mouse.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that

1 Like

Hey, I just finished this sidescroller/platformer game, I would love any feedback, Warning It can get very frustrating (I based it loosely off the game getting over it).

Here is the link: https://flowlab.io/game/play/1948920

I beat it in about 700 of my weird time tracker time.

2 Likes

Isn’t it a platformer, not a sidescroller? (The earth also has some… interesting shaped continents as well)

2 Likes

True, even though I think it is a bit of both. The Earth just got hit with a few too many astroids, (and I am terrible at pixel art)

2 Likes

@r0nning

Space Escape

FYI I beat it in 374 of your allegedly weird time tracker time.
Art: 2.5/4 - Some pixels were smaller than others. These are called “mixels”. Also just general improvements could be done, but this is probably your first game, so it’s fine (you will improve over time if you practice).

Gameplay: 3/4 - This is really good (and simple)! However, level 3 (the one showing Earth in the background) is way harder than the last level that comes after it. For a well balanced difficulty level that is still challenging, I recommend doing something about this.

Sound: 3/4 - The music is the same for all the levels. That’s totally fine in this case; it works with the game. Also I was vibing; nice song selection.

User Experience: 4/4 - I really enjoyed playing! Back when I first played this yesterday (after you posted it on Ramshackle’s review topic) I wouldn’t have said that. I also feel like I could have gotten a shorter time (about half the time maybe) if level 3 was easier than 4, but that’s subjective.

Overall: 3.94/4 - This game is one of those that doesn’t need a story, but would be a lot better with one. Great job!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, The time is impressive. I had originally only had level 3 that is why that level is so difficult. Do you think I should make level 3 easier or level 4 harder?

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Thank you!

I think both of these would be nice. The best gameplay is perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

1 Like

Looking for more feedback on my game for future updates if you have time to review it :+1:

1 Like

Sorry, this topic isn’t that active, so I forgot.
@Recryptech
Shattering Steel
FYI I played this game several times and got way better :smiley:!
Art: 4/4 - Amazing! I have no further elaboration to give.

Gameplay: 3.9/4 - Its like 0.1% too grindy. Otherwise, its great!

Sound: 4/4 - https://i.imgflip.com/66p7o7.gif

User Experience: 3.8/4 - Fun game! If I had reviewed this when I first played, this score would have been way lower. However, I learnt to make better equipment purchasing choices, and that really helped.

Overall: 3.99/4 - All it could really use now is some lore. Great job!

4 Likes

Oh yeah, (not that my opinion was asked in this instance, but) I would love to see some kind of story to this game!

1 Like

Review Please lol:

1 Like

@DeadlyGumChewer
Troll Valley
FYI, the player sprite looks weird but also kinda cool. It looks very much like Lloyd did in season 1 of LEGO Ninjago (back when he was still a kid), but with an indigo colored mustache. He also has a robot “leg” which is quite reminiscent of Shattering Steel.
Art: 1.8/4 - Nothing special.

Gameplay: 2.99/4 - Definitely lives up to the name! However, there is a bug where the flag stops working after level 2. You might want to fix that.

Sound: 3.69/4 Good!

User Experience: 2.78/4 - Some bugs and what not, but good gaming!

Overall: 2.999999999/4 - Nice.

5 Likes

Could you review Serenity? I’d love to see an… Opinion on it.

4 Likes

Alright; please wait

5 Likes